PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecenter not liking recent XP update?

silverarrows
2008-07-14, 03:34
Hi,

I manually update my computer through Windows Update once a week (automatic updates is a disaster). After the most recent update, which seemed to have a fairly large XP update I've noticed that Squeezecenter doesn't start automatically. It says that it is starting but that's it. To get it going I have to exit the Squeezecenter and then start it again manually. Seems to work fine after but once started it also opens the Squeezecenter GUI in my browser. Never did this before the latest Microsoft update. Any thoughts?

MadScientist
2008-07-14, 05:02
How have you got your SC configured to start and run? I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. In the SC start-up options I had SC to start on login. After I changed this to run on start-up my problem disappeared.

MS

silverarrows
2008-07-14, 05:52
How have you got your SC configured to start and run? I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. In the SC start-up options I had SC to start on login. After I changed this to run on start-up my problem disappeared.

MS

I have it set up to run on start-up, which is how it was always set up. I haven't made any changes to SC itself, just an update through Microsoft. I will check it again though.

Update: Everything's good now, thanks for your help.