[Announce] iPeng 0.5 SC Remote Control Plugin for iPhone / 3G / iPod Touch 2.0

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pippin
    • Oct 2007

[Announce] iPeng 0.5 SC Remote Control Plugin for iPhone / 3G / iPod Touch 2.0

See here:

---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
  • Dave Dewey
    • Feb 2006

[Announce] iPeng 0.5 SC Remote Control Plugin for iPhone/ 3G / iPod Touch 2.0

Quoting pippin (pippin.3cif7b1215991201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
    > See here:
    >
    > http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=49821

Great job. The changes to the 'volume' slider alone make this
    HUGELY more useful.

Nice work! I'm gonna hit that big 'Donate' button right now...

Comment

• TomDac
      • Jul 2006

Sounds good!!

WOW. my SB is so far away from my listening chair that I was thinking about buying the Duet controller so I could see things better. Since I already have an IPT, I am very happy to learn that this app and plugin exists!

So all I need is 2.0 on my IPT, the REMOTE app and the iPeng plugin, correct?

TomDac
      Hayward, CA
      Martin Logan forum for MLO audio & speaker owners. Martin Logan MLO forums for electrostatic loudspeakers. Martin Logan for sale classifieds forum.
      Last edited by TomDac; 2008-07-15, 22:48.
      TomDac
      Hayward, CA
      www.martinloganowners.com
      MartinLogan Summits, Pass X250, SB3 w/iPod Touch as remote, Anthem Statement D2, Pass X5, Oppo BDP-83

Comment

• pippin
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by TomDac
        WOW. my SB is so far away from my listening chair that I was thinking about buying the Duet controller. Since I already have an IPT, I am very happy to learn that this app and plugin exists!

So all I need is 2.0 on my IPT, the REMOTE app and the iPeng plugin, correct?

TomDac
        Hayward, CA
        No, you don't need the remote app. iPeng is a web skin. You just need 2.0 and the iPeng plugin for SC.
        have a look at penguinlovesmusic.com
        ---
        at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• TomDac
          • Jul 2006

cool. I'm downloading it now.

I'm not really sure I know what a webskin is.. does it get loaded onto the ipt or onto my PC that has SqueezeCenter?

how do I then connect my IPT to my PC?

sorry for the newb questions... I've had my SB for a few years and the only thing I've ever done is added the lazy search plugin..
          Last edited by TomDac; 2008-07-15, 23:15.
          TomDac
          Hayward, CA
          MartinLogan Summits, Pass X250, SB3 w/iPod Touch as remote, Anthem Statement D2, Pass X5, Oppo BDP-83

Comment

• TomDac
            • Jul 2006

I downloaded ipeng.. I read the readme.txt and know it gets loaded onto my PC with SqueezeCenter.

when i install it, will it be obvious how to connect to it with my IPT?
            TomDac
            Hayward, CA

Comment

• Dave Dewey
              • Feb 2006

[Announce] iPeng 0.5 SC Remote Control Plugin for iPhone/ 3G / iPod Touch 2.0

Quoting TomDac (TomDac.3cm1zn1216160701 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
              > I downloaded ipeng.. I read the readme.txt and know it gets loaded onto
              > my PC with SqueezeCenter.
              >
              > when i install it, will it be obvious how to connect to it with my IPT?

Open Safari on the IpodTouch/iPhone and browse to: http://<your.server.ip>/iPeng

Comment

• pippin
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by TomDac
                I downloaded ipeng.. I read the readme.txt and know it gets loaded onto my PC with SqueezeCenter.

when i install it, will it be obvious how to connect to it with my IPT?
                Try this:

you open Safari and enter the url "<server-ip>:9000/ipeng"
                In the link above there's some hints on how to find out what your server ip is.
                ---
                at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• TomDac
                  • Jul 2006

of course it's that easy! doy!!

thanks.
                  TomDac
                  Hayward, CA

Comment

• TomDac
                    • Jul 2006

Hooray for Pippin!

Hey Pippin,

Dude... AWESOME app. OMG, I'll never use my SB remote again!! Thanks a million!! I'll be paypal'ing you a little sumthin-sumthin!!

Nicely done!

TomDac
                    Hayward, CA
                    Martin Logan forum for MLO audio & speaker owners. Martin Logan MLO forums for electrostatic loudspeakers. Martin Logan for sale classifieds forum.
                    TomDac
                    Hayward, CA

Comment

• Anthony A.
                      • Mar 2007

im trying to get this to work but my safari browser on the touch won't connect. i am typing in the correct server address:9000/ipeng and the browser keeps saying "safari can't open the page because it can't find the server". i tried typing this same address into my laptop (where sc7 is installed/running as well as ipeng plugin) and it works perfectly. what could be the cause of the touch not connecting?

Comment

• Anthony A.
                        • Mar 2007

oops. never mind. i was inputting the wrong ip address. works great.

Comment

Working...