Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itm
    • May 2008

Won't scan folder on NAS

I'm running SC 7.0.1 on XP SP2. I have my Music folder on the c:\ drive, with shortcuts to two network drives:
    1. A share on another PC on the LAN
    2. A folder on a NAS device on the LAN.

When I scan the music library the scan only picks up folder 1 (i.e. the share on the other PC). It ignores the folder on the NAS. Both shortcuts on the host machine work fine - i.e. if I double click on each in Windows Explorer I see all of the music folders within them.

Are there any known issues when using shortcuts to folders on NAS devices in the Music folder?
  • pski

Originally posted by itm
    I'm running SC 7.0.1 on XP SP2. I have my Music folder on the c:\ drive, with shortcuts to two network drives:
    1. A share on another PC on the LAN
    2. A folder on a NAS device on the LAN.

When I scan the music library the scan only picks up folder 1 (i.e. the share on the other PC). It ignores the folder on the NAS. Both shortcuts on the host machine work fine - i.e. if I double click on each in Windows Explorer I see all of the music folders within them.

Are there any known issues when using shortcuts to folders on NAS devices in the Music folder?
    Are you using the scan from the basic config or the rescan music lib from the Advanced tab?

Comment

• itm
      • May 2008

I actually tried both, and even tried un-installing and re-installing SC and doing a "clear library and rescan". None of it worked.

Comment

• pski

Is it possible that you have a user/password on the NAS share?

I have a user/password on the NAS share and I have not told Windows to remember it. If I don't "manually" connect before the scan runs, the NAS folder shows 0 songs by 0 artists, etc.

If you have told Windows to remember your password, it may be that the connection being made by SC is not using the same API as when you open the shortcut.

I'd try opening the folder via the shortcut and then using the "advanced" clear and reload by setting the time a couple of minutes in the future.

P

Comment

Working...