PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Last.FM on the squeezebox

Logon19
2008-07-12, 06:47
How do I get Last.FM on the squeezebox

The title says it all. Is this possible, and if so how?
Edson

mortslim
2008-07-12, 21:46
of course

it is a free service

just sign up

and congrats to slim devices for continuing to add services to the squeezebox

mick_w
2008-07-13, 02:22
There are a few threads on this, but I had lots of trouble finding a comprehensive "how-to", (especially for a user that currently doesn't use SqueezeNetwork) so here's how I got it to work with my SqueezeBoxes through SqueezeCenter:

1. got to http://www.slimdevices.com/redir.html?https://www.last.fm/join and register as a user.

2. In SqueezeCenter open "Settings" - "Advanced", and from the pull down menu select "Last.FM Audioscrobbler". Enter your user name and password, then click "Apply".

3. Still in SqueezeCenter "Settings" page, open "Player" menu and select "Last.FM Audioscrobbler" from the pull down menu. You should be able to select your Last.FM user profile for the player. - repeat this step for each player you have.

4. If like me you don't normally use SqueezeNetwork, go to the "SqueezeNetwork" tab and click on "I need an account". This will take you to the SqueezeNetwork web page. Remember to enter your email address and password that you use to create your account back into the SqueezeCenter settings page.

5. you need to associate your players with your SqueezeNetwork account, to do this you need to tell them to connect to SqueezeNetwork (rather than your local SqueezeCenter server). The easiest way is to power of the player and when it's re-booting, manually select SqueezeNetwork. You will be presented with a 5 digit PIN number for your player, make a note of it. Reboot your player again and manually select your original SqueezeCenter server.

5. When you are logged into the SqueezeNetwork web page navigate to the "Players" tab and enter the PIN number and name of for each of your players.

6. Still in SqueezeNetwork website, select the "Accounts" tab then the "Last.FM" page. Enter your Last.FM user name and password. Click Save Changes.

7. Your Last.FM profile will appear on the page, you have to click the "Authorize this account" link and you will be taken to the Last.fm website. If necessary, login to Last.fm with the account you wish to authorize, and then click the button marked "Yes, allow access". After doing this, you will be redirected back to SqueezeNetwork and your account will be authorized for radio access.

8. Still in the SqueezeNetwork website, go back to "Players" and click on the "Settings" tab next to your players details. Go to the Last.FM tab and make sure you Last.FM profile is selected (rather than "Disabled, do not submit tracks from this player"). repeat for each of your players.

9. If you now navigate back to "Accounts" - "Last.FM" you should see your players listed with your account associated to them.

You should now be up and running with Last.FM.

I'm unsure how much of the last few steps are really necessary if you only listen via SqueezeCenter. If anyone could provide a more streamlined approach to get it working that would be great...

Looks like you have to play quite a lot of music before Last.FM builds your recommendations and calculates your neighbours - SqueezeCentre reports various server errors when you select options that Last.FM hasn't calculated yet.

To listen to "My Radio Station" I think you have to have a basic subscription - 2.5 Euro/month.

Hope this helps someone.

Mick

Logon19
2008-07-13, 15:12
Hi Mick
Thanks for the detailed info. After trying to do this a few times I noted that the Last.FM web page indicates that they currently donít stream too Canada over the Squeezebox. I can stream my station over the internet so guess I am stuck with this for now.
Edson

Arnoud
2008-08-01, 00:41
I followed the steps outlined above, but I cannot find the "Authorize this account" link on the SqueezeNetwork site. The controller still complains about my account not being authorized. Am I missing something?

On a sidenote: I don't have a Last.FM option in Advanced > Last.fm. Yes I run 7.1. Yes the plugin is enabled (next to Squeezescrobbler). Yes I have restarted after. :S

Siduhe
2008-08-01, 02:14
I followed the steps outlined above, but I cannot find the "Authorize this account" link on the SqueezeNetwork site. The controller still complains about my account not being authorized. Am I missing something?

Assuming you are in one of the countries that the built in Last.fm plugin works with (US/UK/Germany), then open up the Last.fm webpage and log in with your Last.fm userid. Then try revalidating in the Squeezecenter interface.

If you are not in UK/US/Germany, then try James Craig's Squeezescrobbler third party plugin which can be found here (https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=105780). You need the 1.1.12 release.

Arnoud
2008-08-02, 09:31
Assuming you are in one of the countries that the built in Last.fm plugin works with (US/UK/Germany), then open up the Last.fm webpage and log in with your Last.fm userid. Then try revalidating in the Squeezecenter interface.

If you are not in UK/US/Germany, then try James Craig's Squeezescrobbler third party plugin which can be found here (https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=105780). You need the 1.1.12 release.

Ah thanks, I wasn't aware it would only work in the US/UK/Germany. No officially supported Pandora or Last.FM for me then :( Back to Squeezescrobbler..

jmschnur
2008-10-23, 11:28
How do you get the pin for a duet receiver?

Joel

lazpete
2008-10-23, 23:20
I just changed my residence info on the last.fm account site, and then I was able to stream last.fm music to sweden...

claws
2008-10-28, 03:25
I was having the same issue... I'm in Australia. I changed residence setting to United States, authorized etc and now works sweet.
Here I was thinking I'd have to do some funky proxy setup... but no, it's just keyed off the residence setting.