PDA

View Full Version : Help keeping connection of SqueezeCenter&Box intact!

Frosti
2008-07-05, 17:17
Hi
I have a really, really, really annoying problem
every now and then suqeezecenter and SB are loosing sync and nither can find each other, that happens sometimes after i listen to music then use the pc and then trying to listen to music again.

this is generally resolves after restarting the pc, but i cannot restart my pc all the time to hear a song!

This is really annoying because everything seem to work, and then it dosnt :(
Please help!

Skunk
2008-07-06, 06:10
Assuming it's not connected by ethernet cable, I would try changing or temporarily disabling encryption to see if that helps. My Zyxel router has settings under the WPA options for re-authentication timer and idle timeout, which I changed to 9999 seconds.

If it's not getting a strong signal you could also try temporarily moving them closer together, or hard-wiring them with ethernet cable for testing.

raaurora
2008-07-06, 06:47
Hi
I have a really, really, really annoying problem
every now and then suqeezecenter and SB are loosing sync and nither can find each other, that happens sometimes after i listen to music then use the pc and then trying to listen to music again.

this is generally resolves after restarting the pc, but i cannot restart my pc all the time to hear a song!

This is really annoying because everything seem to work, and then it dosnt :(
Please help!

anything useful in the log files?

Frosti
2008-07-07, 14:33
anything useful in the log files?
Havent thought of that! (actually, havent noticed they are there!)
will look into it
thanx! :)

browellm
2008-07-08, 03:22
If you are using DHCP, try setting a static IP address for the SB3 instead.

It 100% cleared up all my intermittent connectivity problems.