PDA

View Full Version : Can Find Streaming Media In New Squeeze Center

KevinW
2008-07-05, 05:53
I have Windows Home Server.

In the prior version / interface of Slim Server the music folder on my Windows Home Server appeared in the first page. When I would click it would show the contents of that folder. This was in addition to the my music liberary which was in a different location.

I just noticed today that the music foler on the Windows Home Server is no longer listed anywhere. Since the last time I used it, I upgraded to the latest version of Squeeze Center and also put Squeeze Center on the Windows Home Server.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what my be going on.

Kevin

radish
2008-07-07, 10:03
The uPnP client (which provided that functionality) is still included in 7.x but is not enabled by default. Go to Plugins and enable it, then restart SC and you should see the entry again.

raaurora
2008-07-10, 17:03
The uPnP client (which provided that functionality) is still included in 7.x but is not enabled by default. Go to Plugins and enable it, then restart SC and you should see the entry again.

I have 7.0.1 but no UPnP under the plugins tab on SC. Am I looking in the right place?

KevinW
2008-07-10, 20:22
You were correct - I changed the setting and it worked. I now have my WHS music folder available. I was in the class skin when I made this change per the question raised by other poster. thanks

Kevin

radish
2008-07-11, 06:07
I have 7.0.1 but no UPnP under the plugins tab on SC. Am I looking in the right place?

I think so...can't think why it wouldn't be there. Maybe someone with SC in front of them could post what the exact name of the plugin is.