PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get Wireless Bridge to work with QNAP

AndyMcG
2008-07-01, 17:32
I've just bought a QNAP-109 NAS to store all my music.

With Squeezebox on wi-fi and the NAS connected directly to the wireless router, I had no problems setting up Squeezecenter on the QNAP and getting the whole thing up and running.

However, I really want to have the QNAP and Squeezebox in the same room. I've tried activating the wirelesss bridge option and connecting the QNAP directly to the Squeezebox but can't get it work.

In the menus, I select Wireless Bridge on, then right arrow for the wireless SID selection, when I right arrow again the Squeezebox reboots itself. Checking the Current Settings, the wireless bridge is never shown as selected. I've tried using both a cross-over and normal LAN patch cable and that doesn't help.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Ta,
Andy

radish
2008-07-02, 07:08
If you're seeing the menu option it usually means it's detected the cable. When you say it's not working what do you mean? What are the lights on the ethernet socket doing?

AndyMcG
2008-07-05, 08:01
Yup, its definately detected the cable.

Lights on the QNAP ethernet socket - orange pretty much steady (burst of flashes maybe every 15s), green flashing constantly.

As I work through the setup menu, I switch wireless bridge on. Right arrow.
Choose the SSID for my wireless network. Right arrow.

At that point the screen goes blank and then I get the Logitech \ Squeezebox logos, which I take to be the Squeezebox rebooting.

If I check Network Settings then the wireless bridge is still at off.
The Squeezebox can't find Squeezecenter running on the QNAP.
Running QNAP Finder from my PC, it can't find the QNAP either.

So I assume that the QNAP is not being bridged to my wireless network.

No problems at all if I connect the QNAP directly into my router.

I'm open to any suggestions....
Andy

radish
2008-07-07, 09:42
Lights on the QNAP ethernet socket - orange pretty much steady (burst of flashes maybe every 15s), green flashing constantly.

That's a little weird. Typically the orange one is indicating link status and should remain on all the time. The green one indicates data flow, so if it's flashing something is happening.

At that point the screen goes blank and then I get the Logitech \ Squeezebox logos, which I take to be the Squeezebox rebooting.

Yup.

I'm open to any suggestions....

I'm out right now...let me think about it and check mine. You may want to get in touch with support.