PDA

View Full Version : No sound through SqueezeCenter...

pipetman
2008-06-30, 18:42
I just upgraded from Slimserver to SqueezeCenter and also put my music on a NAS. I have an old laptop doing server duties, running the SC software. So far so good - streaming music to my SB3 works just fine. But when I try to play music through SC on my PC (opening the web interface), there's no sound. I also tried VLC and put in the server/stream.mp3 url and it shows, that it's playing something, but again no sound (from mp3 or flac). I didn't have this problem before with my Slimserver setup, so where do I start troubleshooting???

Thanks
- p.

Mark Lanctot
2008-07-02, 06:59
But when I try to play music through SC on my PC (opening the web interface), there's no sound.

Do you mean through SoftSqueeze or stream.mp3? You can't play music through the web interface.

I also tried VLC and put in the server/stream.mp3 url and it shows, that it's playing something, but again no sound (from mp3 or flac).

You generally have to press play twice - you have to queue up tracks to play on the SC web interface, start stream.mp3 on the remote player on the remote machine (which won't play sound quite yet), then press play on the SC web interface. Most software players will then start up after a buffering pause, but with some you may have to stop and restart play on the SW player.

Also note that stream.mp3 requires you set bitrate limiting in player settings - audio and FLAC - MP3 transcoding in advanced settings - file types.

pipetman
2008-07-07, 18:22
Also note that stream.mp3 requires you set bitrate limiting in player settings - audio and FLAC - MP3 transcoding in advanced settings - file types

That would explain it. Would have never found out about this...
Thanks!