PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got their Duet working with a Siemens Speedstream 5620 modem?

Archer_11
2008-06-30, 18:06
Hi Guys,

Have finally got my Duet, very exciting. The only problem is, no dice conecting it to my network. This includes updating the firmware using the SD slot under the battery.

Is anyone operating their Duet (or any Squeezebox) successfully with a Speedstream 5620 modem?

ps. have googled, searched threads, checked the wiki compatibility list etc, can't find anything hence this desparate plea for help!

radish
2008-07-01, 06:42
I can find very few details on this device, but my guess is it's just a modem. How are you trying to connect? Does the device include wireless, or are you using a wired switch?

Archer_11
2008-07-02, 06:16
I can find very few details on this device, but my guess is it's just a modem. How are you trying to connect? Does the device include wireless, or are you using a wired switch?

Hey Radish

Thanks for replying to my post. Well, day 5 of madly trying to fix this thing and it looks like I got somewhere - I tried a new wireless channel (5, from 11) and now it works fine. I can't believe I've not seen this in any troubleshooting tips, it has done the trick here first time.

I'm not getting ahead of myself and as had it connected for barely 5 minutes but to even get this far I feel is a major achievement.

Thanks again for your offer to help - hopefully I'm not going to come grovelling back needing more!