PDA

View Full Version : Comodo Firewall: Correct settings

InTheBath
2008-06-29, 02:07
I've got SC7.0 playing nice with my SB3 through Comodo's free firewall.
However, I suspect I've opened up more things than I need to.

I could just close things down until it stopped working but I thought (based on recent experiences) somebody might have an idea already of what is needed and that would save me a load of time.

In the "Application Monitor" section I have the following set to "Allow":
1-4 mysqld for any port and any destination called by either services.exe or squeezecentre.exe and for TCP/UDP In/Out.
5 scanner.exe for any port and any destination called by squeezecentre.exe for TCP/UDP Out.
6-7 squeezecentre.exe for any port and any destination called by squeezetray.exe for TCP/UDP In/Out.
8 squeezetray.exe for any port and any destination called by explorer.exe for TCP/UDP Out.

In the "Network Monitor" section I have set the following to "Allow" (note that all items on the network have static IP addresses:
1 TCP/UDP In/Out from SB IP to PC IP, any source port, any destination port.
2 Ditto, but from PC IP to SB IP.
3-4 IP In/Out from IP in my network (including SB) to any destination, any port, any protocol.
5 TCP/UDP In/Out from any source to any destination where destination port is in 3483,9000,9090.
6 Ditto , but where source port is in 3483,9000,9090.

As you can see there's a whole stack of stuff and I suspect I have overlaps and a lot of redundancy. Anybody more technical than me (not hard) able to make sense of this mish-mash?

Many thanks for any help.

M.