PDA

View Full Version : SlimServer stuck on Now Stopped on x of x



Brian Neese
2004-03-09, 20:22
I am running SlimServer 5.1.1 on Windows XP Professional and I am unable to
get any music to play now due to the fact that the stop button is red (using
Fishbone skin) and when I click on Play nothing happens. I have deleted the
player and cleared the playlist and readded songs but still nothing. It just
says "Now Stopped on x of x"

dean
2004-03-10, 09:45
Brian,

Does this problem affect only the web interface, or will it still not
play even with the remote control?

We do have one known problem with iTunes that can cause this:

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_faq.html#troubleshooting-itunes

Let us know if this is the problem you are seeing...

-dean

On Mar 9, 2004, at 7:22 PM, Brian Neese wrote:

> I am running SlimServer 5.1.1 on Windows XP Professional and I am
> unable to
> get any music to play now due to the fact that the stop button is red
> (using
> Fishbone skin) and when I click on Play nothing happens. I have
> deleted the
> player and cleared the playlist and readded songs but still nothing.
> It just
> says "Now Stopped on x of x"
>
>

Brian Neese
2004-03-10, 12:36
I am not using any hardware devices, this is just to push music to a couple
laptops I have running at home and I am using WinAmp and Windows Media Player
to play the music. I have tried the browser interface as well as using the
interface directly on the server and neither seems to work.

kdf
2004-03-10, 12:56
Quoting Brian Neese <bneese (AT) neeseonline (DOT) com>:

> I am not using any hardware devices, this is just to push music to a couple
> laptops I have running at home and I am using WinAmp and Windows Media Player
>
> to play the music. I have tried the browser interface as well as using the
> interface directly on the server and neither seems to work.

shut off your server, open a command line session (Start->run, cmd.exe, enter)
run c:\program files\slimserver\server\slim.exe --d_source

watch the messages when you try to play. It should give you a clue as to why
the songs are not playing.

-kdf

Brian Neese
2004-03-10, 15:28
not quite sure what I am looking for. One thing I failed to mention is that I
did purchase a Creative Wireless Music device and installed that software on
my server running SlimServer and on my Workstation running SlimServer. I did
uninstall the creative software and uninstall Slim and reinstalled Slim but
still had no luck getting it to play. I don't know if that has anything to do
with it.

Brian Neese
2004-03-10, 17:12
Brian Neese <bneese@...> writes:

>
> not quite sure what I am looking for. One thing I failed to mention is that
I
> did purchase a Creative Wireless Music device and installed that software on
> my server running SlimServer and on my Workstation running SlimServer. I did
> uninstall the creative software and uninstall Slim and reinstalled Slim but
> still had no luck getting it to play. I don't know if that has anything to
do
> with it.
>


Looks like I may have found the problem. I installed SlimServer 5.1.1 on a
fresh box and it seems to run OK. I am going to let it go for a while and see
if I have any more problems. I think that the Creative software is conflicting
with SlimServer. I will let you know what I find out. thanks for your advice.