PDA

View Full Version : Is there a tool that can retreive all album art for my library of Flacs?



mswlogo
2008-06-18, 21:30
I use EAC with the FreeDB and occasionally I see an album art in Squeeze Center.

Is there batch tool that can scan my library and fetch what it can from FreeDB or another source.

If I have to do it manually it's not worth it.

Nonreality
2008-06-18, 21:56
The new version of dBpoweramp can do it during the rip and I think you can set up a batch conversion to add it also as long as you are also using the current flac reference libraries. I do it during the rip and with mp3tag if I miss a few but you might give it a shot. I believe you can use the reference version for a free 30 day trial but double check that. www.dbpoweramp.com

tommyz
2008-06-19, 01:29
I'm very happy with Album Art Aggregator, it has a batch function, but you have to check the results!

http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus/AAA/

ciao, TommyZ

ralphpnj
2008-06-19, 05:13
I'm very happy with Album Art Aggregator, it has a batch function, but you have to check the results!

http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus/AAA/

ciao, TommyZ

Thanks, Tommy

The program works great but there are still quite a few albums that it fails to find artwork for, however, most of those albums are pretty rare or import jazz albums but otherwise it's a snap to use and works like a charm.

iPhone
2008-06-19, 09:18
Thanks, Tommy

The program works great but there are still quite a few albums that it fails to find artwork for, however, most of those albums are pretty rare or import jazz albums but otherwise it's a snap to use and works like a charm.

My main ripper is dBpowerAmp (switched from EAC). Its tagging has been spot on 96% of the time. Out of the other 4%, 99.95% of that was cover by using the Alt M function and checking what the other search programs found.

Another nice feature if you have an All-in-One printer or scanner is the ability to scan the cover art into the rip. I have used this feature 4 times. I had a concern about quality using the sacn and there is barely any difference between what gets pulled down vs a scan (checked several CDs against AMG and a local scan).

So far I have been very happy with the switch to dBpowerAmp.