PDA

View Full Version : Duet Remote permanently 'Copying Update'

DLORDE
2008-06-16, 11:45
Title says it all really.

The Duet remote has been working OK, but when I turned it on over the weekend, the it said it wanted to install new software, which would take 'a few minutes'. After several hours of it 'Copying Update', I pressed the 'Home' button and got the 'Upgrade Failed' screen, saying there was a problem upgrading. I checked that it could see the network and that it was connected, and tried again. Same result.

The problem is that now it can see the network, but can't see any players - although they're visible and operable from SqueezeCenter and a different remote.

All I see on the 'Home' screen is 'Settings', 'Extras', and 'Choose Player', but I can't choose a player.

What is the next step to fix the remote?

DLORDE
2008-06-18, 11:48
OK, problem solved.

mherger
2008-06-18, 11:52
> OK, problem solved.

How so?

Michael

jherbert
2008-06-27, 23:44
Same problem here, and no solved at all. Any idea what to do?

Best

Joachim

Sike
2008-07-01, 03:44
I had the same problem .. try taking the battery out and restarting a couple of times ..

Try not to look at it every couple of seconds :) .. it can take a while.

finnbrodersen
2008-07-01, 04:26
Title says it all really.

The Duet remote has been working OK, but when I turned it on over the weekend, the it said it wanted to install new software, which would take 'a few minutes'. After several hours of it 'Copying Update'...

I had the same problem 2nd time I performed the "Update" function. I just rebooted the controller (power off-on cycle), and it worked again.

DLORDE
2008-08-04, 17:08
Sorry for not explaining the fix - as finnbrodersen said, it was just a question of powering off then powering on again. I just had the same problem again, and it took me a while to remember what I did last time!

It would be nice if the update could power off the device when it finishes, or at least display a reminder...