PDA

View Full Version : Improvements in Duet?

Robin D
2008-06-16, 01:10
Hi - have there been any significant improvements in the Duet over the past 3 weeks or so? I note that the official release is still 7.0.1...
My local retailer will not give me my money back, despite the fact that it doesnt (f*ing) work for me and I have to collect the second replacement soon.
Rather than trying to wrestle my cash back, I'm willing to give it another shot if the networking problems have been addressed.
Failing that, if I can't get my money back, I'm planning to buy an old computer and directly connect it. Sad isn't it. I don't even know if that'll work....

ianstuart
2008-06-21, 09:02
I have been having connection problems with my two Duets for the last several months. Support now blames the Netgear Range Extender that I bought to permit the receivers to work more than 15 feet from the router. Odd that my old SB3 works perfectly with the Range Extender and has double the range of the receivers as well. Shame about the Squeezebox, it really doesn't seem ready for prime time, and to add insult to injury it is WORSE than the SB3 that it was meant to replace.

egd
2008-06-21, 10:36
As a wise cab driver once told me: "a lemon is a lemon, it doesn't matter which side you peel it from..."

Robin Bowes
2008-06-26, 03:48
ianstuart wrote:
> I have been having connection problems with my two Duets for the last
> several months. Support now blames the Netgear Range Extender that I
> bought to permit the receivers to work more than 15 feet from the
> router. Odd that my old SB3 works perfectly with the Range Extender and
> has double the range of the receivers as well. Shame about the
> Squeezebox, it really doesn't seem ready for prime time, and to add
> insult to injury it is WORSE than the SB3 that it was meant to replace.

Funny, I've got three Duets, and they all work just fine.

R.

dsendecki
2008-06-26, 04:08
I use 7.01 with a Linksys WRT54 range extender and everything's copacetic.

My understanding is that a lot of issues have been addressed in 7.1.

I'd upgrade, but since everything's working fine, I haven't found cause to.

Mnyb
2008-06-26, 04:39
Is this realy the same product ? we are talking about ?
regarding lemons unfortunately there seems to be a batch of faulty controllers on the loose ? (as this excellent forum informs me).

I must admit that i have an very favorable setup, server is clarkconect linux box , my router is the linksys WRT54GL with tomato firmware (max output on wifi ). i did my netstumbling and removed myself from the other 7-8 wifi's in the neighborhood i'm alone on ch6 the rest is on 1 or 11.

My apartment is small 68 square meters (732 ft2 or 82 yd2) my living room is 6.7 meters long (22 feet ). Pardon my eventual misses with archaic measurements.

I'll post pic of my flat (one floor no stairs).
Texts are in swedish living room =vardagsrum kitchen=kök badrum bathroom.
Server is in sovrum=bedroom.
Now the fact is the controller works from every corner including the balcony and bathtub ?
Now we have one benchmark ? it just works for me ?