PDA

View Full Version : MusicIP Playlists

technojunkie
2008-06-15, 13:33
I have several m3u playlists I have imported into MusicIP and that show in the left hand pane under Filters/Playlists.

However, these Playlists do not appear in the SC UI under Music Library or Playlists on the Duet controller.

Can anybody please advise how I can get these playlists into both the SC UI and under playlists on the Duet controller.

I posted the same question on the MIP forum and received the following response :

"It's more a SC question - I'm not sure what data they are reading from the mixer"

Thankyou

egd
2008-06-15, 14:35
I'd have thought the only place they need to be is in your playlists folder. The underlying music is already known to MiP

Nonreality
2008-06-15, 19:55
I'd have thought the only place they need to be is in your playlists folder. The underlying music is already known to MiPIthink thats right unless the playlists are pointing to a different library or a moved library. Like you have changed the library since you made those playlists. Then I'm not sure they would show up at all because the paths would show up wrong in the scan. Just thinking out loud here, just starting to use playlists . Do you have a playlist folder listed in the options in SC? If so is that where you put them?

technojunkie
2008-06-15, 23:31
I don't have a Playlists folder showing in SC. I've found the setting SC/Plugins/MusicIP/MuscIP Playlist Format and there are two boxes next to this setting marked Prefix and Suffix. The Prefix box currently say MusicIP: and the Suffix box is empty.

Do I need to change these settings and, if so, what to ?

bobkoure
2008-06-16, 07:22
Just as a general question: you are creating playlists in the MIP GUI and they are not appearing in SC? Do I have that right?
Are you running MIP headless?
If you are running headless, do you have the headless and GUI versions pointed at the same cache (typically named default.m3lib)?
I didn't even realize that you could pass playlists created in the MIP GUI to SC via the MIP API, so I have questions rather than answers...

technojunkie
2008-06-16, 09:34
I am running MIP headless and both the MIP GI and headless are using the same cache.

However, although the playlists are in the MIP GI they are not appearing in SC.

maggior
2008-06-16, 12:12
Playlists are saved on the disk, not the cache file.

You need to specify a directory for SC to look for playlists and you need to save your MiP playlists in that directory. When you save a playlist in the GUI, I'm pretty sure you can choose where to save the file.

technojunkie
2008-06-16, 13:35
Thankyou for the post maggior.

Can you please advise where to find the setting to specify where SC should look for Playlists.

maggior
2008-06-16, 13:40
Click on settings on the bottom right hand corner of the SC web page.

That brings up the setting page. You will be put on the "basic settings" tab. One of the settings there is "Playlists Folder". Enter the pathname where you are storing the playlists from the MusicIP GUI.

technojunkie
2008-06-16, 13:54
If I put the pathname of my Playlists folder, will SC load the MusicIP cache library as well ?

maggior
2008-06-16, 14:06
I don't see why not, as long as you have it configured to use MusicIP.

maggior
2008-06-16, 14:07
I'm sorry, I see your source of confusion.

In my original post, I meant to say put the path for your playlists in "Playlists Folder", not "Music Folder".

Sorry about that.

I've edited the post regarding this to correct my error.

technojunkie
2008-06-16, 14:41
To be honest, I hadn't even seen the Playlists folder option in settings. Thats obviously where I've been going wrong and now I can see Playlists in SC.

Thankyou very much for your help.