PDA

View Full Version : No Subject



Paul Whitaker
2004-03-08, 13:42
That is what I currently do, however I have quite a large AAC music library
and am using multiple slimp3's (5). Obviously all the streams are processor
hungry using lame on my iMac G4 and I was hoping the upgrade would be
applicable to both devices,(Slimp3 & Squeezebox) whilst I'm not against
building a dedicated server this would be a useful upgrade for all of us who
bought the original product.



-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Erv Walter
Sent: 08 March 2004 20:05
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Subject: [slim]



I don't think it means SLIMP3 also. The SLIMP3 can't receive uncompressed
files, so on the SLIMP3, you'd need to transcode to MP3 using LAME.

----- Original Message -----

From: Paul Whitaker <mailto:paulswhitaker (AT) totalise (DOT) co.uk>

To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com

Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 1:34 PM

Subject: [slim]



-->

When you say in the slimserver 5.1 release notes



"Added a default transcode to uncompressed (no LAME) for AAC files on
Squeezebox"



Does this apply to SLIMP3 as well and if so is it the case that where
squeezebox is used in release documentation we can now assume that means
both SLIMP3 and squeezebox?



Thanks



Paul Whitaker




_____

kdf
2004-03-08, 13:48
Quoting Paul Whitaker <paulswhitaker (AT) totalise (DOT) co.uk>:

> That is what I currently do, however I have quite a large AAC music library
> and am using multiple slimp3's (5). Obviously all the streams are processor
> hungry using lame on my iMac G4 and I was hoping the upgrade would be
> applicable to both devices,(Slimp3 & Squeezebox) whilst I'm not against
> building a dedicated server this would be a useful upgrade for all of us who
> bought the original product.
>

Useful, yes. Possible, no. The hardware on the slimp3 is a dedicated mp3
decoder and does not support raw PCM. The Squeezebox is the result of a desire
to have a greater featureset in the hardware.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Erv Walter
> Sent: 08 March 2004 20:05
> To: Slim Devices Discussion
> Subject: [slim]
>
>
>
> I don't think it means SLIMP3 also. The SLIMP3 can't receive uncompressed
> files, so on the SLIMP3, you'd need to transcode to MP3 using LAME.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: Paul Whitaker <mailto:paulswhitaker (AT) totalise (DOT) co.uk>
>
> To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
>
> Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 1:34 PM
>
> Subject: [slim]
>
>
>
> -->
>
> When you say in the slimserver 5.1 release notes
>
>
>
> "Added a default transcode to uncompressed (no LAME) for AAC files on
> Squeezebox"
>
>
>
> Does this apply to SLIMP3 as well and if so is it the case that where
> squeezebox is used in release documentation we can now assume that means
> both SLIMP3 and squeezebox?
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
> Paul Whitaker
>
>
>
>
> _____
>
>
>