PDA

View Full Version : Trouble

HB103
2008-06-13, 04:47
Just got my DUET delivered and installed. I am using a My Book Word external network HD to store my music library which is in wma lossless format. They are organized by artist and then by album. Squeezecenter scanned "2647 out of 2647" files, however I can only play songs from 8 of the 200+ albums. I cannot figure out why those 8 albums were chosen - some were from artists that I had multiple albums for. Even more interesting is looking inside squeezecenter, and beginning at the home page and drilling down through the "music" folder which is the name of the folder on the external HD, all of the artists I have are displayed and then drilling down through the artist reveals every album I have. But I cannot drill down and see the tracks.

HB103
2008-06-13, 05:33
I just discovered that the 8 albums that squeezecenter recognizes were just recently added to my library.

funkstar
2008-06-13, 06:02
Could it be that Windows Media Player has added DRM to the previous albums?

Squeeze hardware will not play DRM content.

There was at least one version of WMP that had DRM enabled by default, even for tracks ripped from your own CDs. I don't think this is the case now. So if Windows has updated its copy of WMP the setting could easily have been disabled.

andynormancx
2008-06-13, 06:45

If that is turns out to be the case then this page should come in handy:

http://www.undrm.info/remove-DRM-protection/

HB103
2008-06-13, 13:41

Squeeze hardware will not play DRM content.

There was at least one version of WMP that had DRM enabled by default, even for tracks ripped from your own CDs. I don't think this is the case now. So if Windows has updated its copy of WMP the setting could easily have been disabled.

WMP was set to rip with DRM. I tried one without that setting and squeezecenter scanned it! Now to get the 200 others fixed.