PDA

View Full Version : SB V3 loosing all settings. With Bose Wave

bret
2008-06-13, 03:50
Hello All,

I wonder if anyone can help?

I have three SB V3's and a SR and Controller running at home.

My bedroom SB V3 has been running happily plugged into a Bose wave radio for the last 18months. Sitting on top of the Bose.

Last week I upgraded the Bose Wave Radio to a new Bose Wave Radio one with DAB digital radio & MP3 cdr support. Since then every day or so the SB V3 looses all settings. This often happens when the Bose Wave radio switches to DAB digital mode.

The SB V3 looses all settings wireless region WPA keys static IP's DNS everything - It's a pain to renter all this every day using the remote.

I thought the problem must have been the SB V3 - So I swapped it with one from another room. I still have the same problem so two SB V3's work fine when away from the Bose but both loose all settings when sitting ontop on the Bose Wave radio for a day or so.

Problem must be interferance field from the Bose wave radio or a remote control IR conflict causing the SB V3 to factory reset?

Anyone seen this before? New generation Bose Wave Radio's and SB V3's causing problems?

Player details are;

SqueezeCenter Information

SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 17793 - solaris - EN - iso-8859-1
Server IP address: 192.168.2.220
Perl Version: 5.8.8 i86pc-solaris-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 5.0.51-log

Platform Architecture: i86pc-solaris

Hostname: fugly

Server Port Number: 9000

Total Players Recognized: 3

Cache Folder: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache

Plugin Folders: /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin, /usr/local/slimserver/Plugins

Player Information

Name: bedroom
Model: Squeezebox v3
Firmware: 86
The IP address for this player is: 192.168.2.202:40245
The ethernet MAC address for this player is: 00:04:20:**:**:**
Wireless Signal Strength: 84

Regards,

Bret

funkstar
2008-06-13, 04:39
To eliminate the remote being the problem, you could simulate changing the Bose to DAB mode in the other room with the remote, so the actual Wave isn't involved, but the IR signals will be the same.

The other option that the Bose is so badly designed it is managing to flush the memory of the SB3 with RF interference. Unlikely, but it is a Bose....

bret
2008-06-21, 08:52
funkstar,

You were right it's the new Bose wave radio remote control. If I point it at any SBV3 and press preset 6 it causes the SB to loose all settings - Factory reset. Very annoying.

As much as people do knock Bose, I think I'm not the only one to have a SB sitting on top of a Wave radio. -- Note this is only a problem with the new generation Wave radios. Could this be a bug to submit for firmware fix?

I bet this is going to effect quite a few people. SlimDevices could in the next firmware release make the factory reset code differnt?

Regards,

Bret

Nonreality
2008-06-21, 09:19
I think the SB will just find another way to commit suicide to avoid having it's nice output run through a Bose System. The poor thing just wants to have it's music played the way it was designed to be played. Don't you think going though one Bose system was enough torture, the little guy can only take so much.

funkstar
2008-06-21, 10:48
You were right it's the new Bose wave radio remote control.

<snip>

I bet this is going to effect quite a few people.
I wonder what IR signals that remote is sending out then, doing a factory re-set isn't a single IR event. Might be an idea to raise a bug for this, then at least it is documented and can be tracked. Things can get lost in the forums easily.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/

I think the SB will just find another way to commit suicide to avoid having it's nice output run through a Bose System. The poor thing just wants to have it's music played the way it was designed to be played. Don't you think going though one Bose system was enough torture, the little guy can only take so much.
*snigger*

This ammused me :)

Nonreality
2008-06-21, 20:13
funkstar,

As much as people do knock Bose, I think I'm not the only one to have a SB sitting on top of a Wave radio.

I bet this is going to effect quite a few people.

Regards,

Bret
You're right, the 10 of them might have to go to their backup speaker system.

http://www.wishlist.nu/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/plush-animal-speakers.jpg

PS I'm really just joking, really. Just couldn't resist, I tried but I couldn't.

bret
2008-09-07, 03:30
Fixed now see;

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=337605#post337605