PDA

View Full Version : Information

KasperLK
2008-06-13, 03:40
I really like my Squeezebox, and the amount of new features and services since I bought it is amazing, so I check the forum on a regularly basis, also to get inspirations on setup, but I really miss the ability to get a newsletter from Slim Devices as soon as there is an update, like a new version of SqueeceCenter, new features or services on SqueezeNetwork.

mherger
2008-06-13, 04:33
> also to get inspirations on setup, but I really miss the ability to get
> a newsletter from Slim Devices as soon as there is an update, like a

http://www.slimdevices.com/subscribe/?p=subscribe

--

Michael

smst
2008-06-13, 04:44
http://www.slimdevices.com/subscribe/?p=subscribe

I subscribed to that newsletter in September 2007 (and then again in January 2008, it seems) and have never received anything beyond the initial confirmations. Has there been no news in the last 9 months?

mherger
2008-06-13, 04:46
> initial confirmations. Has there been no news in the last 9 months?

I'd say every release has been announced.

--

Michael

bobkoure
2008-06-13, 05:03
I'm subscribed, and have received the announcements.
It's not really "busy", which is fine by me - but your spam filer may have binned those few announcements and you just happened to mis 'em in your junk folder that day.
Maybe unsubscribe/resubscribe - and than make sure the email address in the confirmation address in in your address book?
Yes, SMTP, as a protocol, what with spammers, is a lost cause, but until another protocol comes along, we just have to do what we can...

smst
2008-06-13, 06:32
Thanks for the replies. I've unsubscribed and re-subscribed so will look out for more newsletters. I've checked my deleted emails (whence all my junk mail ends up after a brief review) and there's nothing with a From address including "slim" that looks like a newsletter; forum notifications and bugzilla emails are there though.

I've recently noticed another email newsletter has stopped coming, so I wonder if my ISP or my email forwarding provider are stopping them (despite me asking them to apply no junk filtering).