PDA

View Full Version : Cover Artwork incorrect only on DUET controller

oscarg
2008-06-12, 23:20
Hi Guys, had the Squeezebox Duet for a couple of days and REALLY enjoying it.
One little bug thats bugging me is the following..

I have used MP3Tag to put artwork with the MP3s and by and large this works fine. But on about 10% of the artwork,the controller displays the wrong artwork (ie the artwork for a different album).

However the Web Interface shows the Correct Artwork ALL the TIME. (which implies it is not a problem with the tagged artwork, but how the handheld controller is getting its info).

Has anyone else had this problem??

I am running software version 7.01 (thought I would try this forum before I resort to Bta software) and the hardware seemed to download the latest BIOS when it was installed. The reciever is running firmware 23

Greatly appreciate any input.

Thanks
Oscar

aubuti
2008-06-13, 06:02
I had a similar problem and concluded that the artwork cache on the controller had become corrupted. I did a factory reset of the controller (power off, then hold down the "+" key while powering on -- at least I *think* that was the sequence) and all was fine. The downside is you have to re-enter your wireless password and any other customization you have done.

I would think that there is a file on the controller with the artwork cache that you could delete after ssh'ing to the controller, but I looked and couldn't find the right file.

jaffacake
2008-06-13, 06:30
Has anyone else had this problem??

Yes, but I haven't had much chance to find out why.

oscarg
2008-06-13, 11:47
Well done and thanks Aubuti, that was it!
All is running fine (I can continue the massive task of artwork tagging with confidence).
Thanks again.

BTW Great Product Logitech - Well Done!
Oscar

Enoch Soames
2008-06-14, 12:56
I had the same problem (twice, actually) and the factory reset fixed it both times. Yes, you have go to through the reconnection routine but it only takes a minute or so.