PDA

View Full Version : Can Squeezebox disable WOL?

Jonit
2008-06-12, 23:06
My squeezebox seems to disable the WOL (Wake on lan) Feature the NIC (Network interface controller) on my media-center PC?

I have an vista ultimate Pc running squeezecenter 7.0.1, i have so far been using the PC only as an media-center, but now it is also running my new squeezecenter/box!
My others pc in the house automaticaly wakes up the media-center from s3 standby when they acces network shares by the media-centerīs IP address! It has been working flawiously so far, but then i got my squeezebox. And now it dosent work at all!

When i turn on the squeezebox on for the first time, it turns on the media-center as weel, but next time i try this, nothing happens. The media-center wont wake up any more, and the others pcīs in the house canīt either wake up the media-center up anymore. But if i turn off the media-center completely and unplug the power cord, The NIC then seems to reset, and after a cold reboot of the media-center, it can be rewoken again from the others pcīs aain, but only until i start the squeezebox again, then the same happens, the NIC WOL seems disabled!

When i manually pres the power button on the media-center PC it wakes up, and the squeezebox connects to squeezecenter on the media-center PC just fine! And the media-center will also enter the s3 power state after approx 15 min. like i specified.

Any suggestions on this matter?

My setup is:
PC: Windows Vista Ultimate Running squeezecenter 7.0.1 - 19705, connects wired to my router.
Motherboard: Asus A8n vm-csm using the integrated Nvidia nforce 430 NIC, WOL enabled in bios and in driver setup.
Logitech Squeezebox Classic, firmware 88, connects wireles to my router. The MAC addres on the squezebox is set corectly the same MAC addres of the media-center PC.
Router: D-Link DIR 655 N,G Wireless gigabit Router.
regards,

Jonas Winther