PDA

View Full Version : Getting Last.fm to Work

TurnipFarmer
2008-06-10, 09:46
Hey Guys

Just seen that my SB3 can do Last.fm which I didnt know about, how to I listen to last.fm through my SB3? Is it worth doing?

Anoop M.
2008-06-10, 14:46
Have you tried to go to www.SqueezeNetwork.com and entering your LastFM account information under Accounts?

TurnipFarmer
2008-06-11, 03:59
Sort of tried it last night, logged into Squeezenetwork however when doing so It messes my Squeezecentre up and Squeezecentre says that there is no player found.

Do Squeezenetwork and Squeezecentre work indipendantly from each other? Can I only get Last.fm to work through Squeezenetwork??

robroe
2008-06-11, 05:04
Sort of tried it last night, logged into Squeezenetwork however when doing so It messes my Squeezecentre up and Squeezecentre says that there is no player found.

Do Squeezenetwork and Squeezecentre work indipendantly from each other? Can I only get Last.fm to work through Squeezenetwork??

Yes I think so, you are connected to either Squeezenetwork or Squeezecenter. You can access last.fm through either though (just in different ways).

Nostromo
2008-06-11, 06:36
Have you tried the SqueezeCenter plugin?

http://www.jamescraig.co.uk/SlimServer/lastfm.html

I've been on last.fm for a couple of weeks now. Its probably too soon to say if its worth it or not. But it works fine.

TurnipFarmer
2008-06-17, 12:08
Have you tried the SqueezeCenter plugin?

http://www.jamescraig.co.uk/SlimServer/lastfm.html

I've been on last.fm for a couple of weeks now. Its probably too soon to say if its worth it or not. But it works fine.

Is this the same one that is built into squeezecentre? or is that just the scrobbler?

Can I only use Last.fm within Squeezenetwork?

argg Im confused.

Nostromo
2008-06-17, 13:19
I wasn't aware that last.fm was built in. Anyway, I downloaded SlimScrobbler on the website I linked. The author explains that the version for SC 7.0 combines two plugins: the last.fm and the SlimScrobbler plugins. After that, you:

- Extract the zipped folder in the plugins folder.

- Restart SqueezeCenter.

- Configure the plugin.

- Configure your player/players to scrobble.

And then it should work. I don't know about Squeezenetwork, I don't use it. Maybe I should. Hope it helps.

TurnipFarmer
2008-06-17, 14:17
hmmmm, well I have just set up within Squeezecentre my last.fm squobbler and set up using Squeezenetwork but its not saving my music on last.fm

maybe I do need the plugin that has been suggested?

GlenL
2008-06-17, 16:30
hmmmm, well I have just set up within Squeezecentre my last.fm squobbler and set up using Squeezenetwork but its not saving my music on last.fm

maybe I do need the plugin that has been suggested?

I think you also have to enable scrobbling on each individual player as well.
Off the top of my head, in the player settings on the SqueezeCenter web interface there is an option to enable scrobbling.
I believe that needs to be set on.

Nostromo
2008-06-17, 16:33
Not sure how it works in Squeezenetwork, but have you configured your player(s) to send info to last.fm? Go in "settings", click on the "players" tab, click on the triangle next to basic settings and select the audioscrobbler option.

kh6idf
2008-06-17, 17:55
I've been trying out last.fm for the past few days. I'm already subscribed to Pandora, which is great, but last.fm seems to have an even larger music collection. It can find artists Pandora doesn't know about. Not sure if I will subscribe to both, but I'm not giving up Pandora in any case.

charlesr
2008-07-09, 03:12
Says HERE (http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_lastfm.html):

"Tune in on your Squeezebox: Go to Music Services > Last.fm to find your personalized radio stations".

I've just installed 7.1, but that option is not there in my music services. It says it's only for UK,US and Germany. I'm in the UK.

Any ideas? Or is this only within Squeezenetwork (without using plugins)?

Siduhe
2008-07-09, 04:07
Says HERE (http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_lastfm.html):

"Tune in on your Squeezebox: Go to Music Services > Last.fm to find your personalized radio stations".

I've just installed 7.1, but that option is not there in my music services. It says it's only for UK,US and Germany. I'm in the UK.

Any ideas? Or is this only within Squeezenetwork (without using plugins)?

Have you authorised your SB to use Last.fm? You need to do this via Squeezenetwork (one time only) by logging into the Squeezenetwork webui, from memory it's something like Accounts, Last.fm, then enter your Last.fm details and authorise your account by following the link.

Thereafter (possibly with a reboot of your Squeezecenter system) you should see Last.fm under Extras in Squeezecenter.

HTH

charlesr
2008-07-09, 07:26
Thanks, but I've already authorised squeezenetwork in the Last.fm settings (the squeeze logo has appeared in last.fm so should be working). I'm able to listen to my last.fm channels via squeezenetwork, but there's no option in squeezecenter. I've checked the items available for adding to the menu too and there's no mention in there of last.fm either (apart from the last.fm audioscrobbler, which is working fine).

The only items that appear in my music services folder are mp3tunes and Live music archive (pandora doesn't work in the UK so I presume that's why that's disappeared). It's not in Extras either.

I've tried restarting the service in case that helped too.

Khuli
2008-07-09, 07:53
Strangely enough I got an email from SlimDevices today on this very subject!

Set up Last.fm on your Squeezebox

- Join for free at Last.fm (http://www.slimdevices.com/redir.html?https://www.last.fm/join)

- Configure scrobbling on your Squeezebox: From the SqueezeCenter Home screen go to Settings and select: Advanced > Last.fm. On Squeezebox Network go to Accounts > Music Services and select the Last.fm tab.

- Once you've scrobbled some music, visit your Last.fm dashboard for new music and concert recommendations, charts, musical neighbors and more

- Tune in on your Squeezebox: Go to Music Services > Last.fm to find your personalized radio stations

charlesr
2008-07-09, 08:50
That email is what prompted me to give it a go!

tcutting
2008-07-09, 14:33
Make sure you're running v7.1 of SqueezeCenter. I had been running 7.0.1, and started scrobbling, but when I upgraded SqueezeCenter to a 7.1 nightly, I found I could actually listen to LastFM from SqueezeCenter. Does require authorization through SqueezeNetwork.

charlesr
2008-07-10, 01:04
Ah thanks all. For some reason I thought I had 7.1, but I've got 7.0.1

spinaltap
2008-07-10, 01:21
As a Mac owner, I couldn't authorise Last.fm when using either Safari, Camino or FireFox browsers. When I had clicked 'authorise service' within SqueezeNetwork (and it then took me to Last.fm) all it returned was a blank page.

I then used my wife's Windoze laptop via Internet Explorer and it then worked.

Have any other Macintosh owners experienced the same problem?