PDA

View Full Version : SC7.0.1 scanning issue (various artists & multiple albums)

BBear
2008-06-09, 09:51
I've spent at least one full day now trying to sort out issues I was having with my QNAP (upgrading to SC7). I'd encountered some scanning issues with multiple disc albums not being merged (so far all other versions have worked fine on this front).

I'd also upgraded my windows installation and found that when I redid the scan (clear and rescan) to my surprise the same issue occurred.

Please not this was only for multiple albums in the various artists folder. Albums in individual artist folders were handled correctly.

After downgrading to 7.0 again I have now successfully completed scans on both windows and qnap :)

I've also now upgraded to 7.0.1 again with the 7.0 scan in place on both the qnap and xp machines and the album count is correct on both.

I don't have log files for this error but believe it should be straightforward to recreate for anyone that wants to (install 7.0.1 and clear and rescan everything).

I hope this helps others out there that are experiencing a similar issue.

BBear
2008-06-11, 12:43
I noticed after my upgrade there was no album art thumnails coming up in SC. I'd already done a number of rescans, so I did a clear and rescan on the SC7.01 - well same error - multi-disc albums in the Various Artists folders were split out again...

I'm assuming others are seeing the same issue - can anyone confirm?

BBear
2008-06-11, 13:14
Still seeing the same issue with the clear and rescan. Will go ahead and raise this as a bug with the 7.01 and 7.02 versions.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7869