PDA

View Full Version : Why SqueezeCenter is worse than Squeeze Server

lenehey
2008-06-07, 17:19
1. Takes forever to load (may apply only to "default" skin)
2. Unstable (causes browser--Firefox--to lock up repeatedly) -- (also may apply only to "default" skin)
3. Can't recognize m3u files. Won't list them, can't see them, won't play them.
5. Always getting messages like this:

"403 Forbidden: settings/server/behavior.html

"In order to request this URL from a Bookmark/Favorite, or some means other than following a link from the SqueezeCenter web interface, you will need to use a URL with a \"cauth\" security parameter. If you received this error when following a link from the SqueezeCenter web interface, you will want to make sure your web browser software (including proxy servers and spyware/privacy software) is allowing \"Referer\" headers to be sent. Below is the appropriate URL for the URL you attempted.

"http://127.0.0.1:9000/settings/server/behavior.html?=1&player=00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3Af0%3Add&playerid=00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3Af0%3Add&;cauth=96f78357b68a0253937872c6d055b01b

"Because your CSRF protection level is set at 'MEDIUM', you can use the same ";cauth=" value for any URL; this means you should be more careful who you share your URLs with."

ceejay
2008-06-07, 22:27
You might want to try a different title next time - how about "Having problems with SqueezeCenter, please help".

There are lots of reasons why SC is better than older versions of SS, but you're obviously not going to appreciate them if it won't even run for you!

A couple of suggestions:

- you've not said which version of SC7 you are running. The latest 7.0.1 released? Go to settings-status and report back the "SueezeCenter Version" string

- when you say it won't recognise M3U files, what exactly do you mean? Are you sure the M3U files are in the right folder you specified at setup? Did they work in earlier versions of SS? Have a look in bugzilla (bugs.slimdevices.com) : search for M3U, there are a few specific bugs listed there, see if any seem to apply to your situation

- if you don't like the default skin you can always try another one. But it shouldn't take for ever to load. What hardware setup do you have?

Ceejay

peter
2008-06-07, 23:05
lenehey wrote:
> 1. Takes forever to load (may apply only to "default" skin)
>
Takes about 3 (s) on my setup (7.01). Not that fast, but good enough.

> 2. Unstable (causes browser--Firefox--to lock up repeatedly) -- (also
> may apply only to "default" skin)
>
I only use FF and never had it lock up.

> 3. Can't recognize m3u files. Won't list them, can't see them, won't
> play them.
>
They're in my playlists folder and they work for me.

> 5. Always getting messages like this:
>
> "403 Forbidden: settings/server/behavior.html
>
Never even seen that one.

> "In order to request this URL from a Bookmark/Favorite, or some means
> other than following a link from the SqueezeCenter web interface, you
> will need to use a URL with a \"cauth\" security parameter. If you
> received this error when following a link from the SqueezeCenter web
> interface, you will want to make sure your web browser software
> (including proxy servers and spyware/privacy software) is allowing
> \"Referer\" headers to be sent. Below is the appropriate URL for the
> URL you attempted.
>
> "http://127.0.0.1:9000/settings/server/behavior.html?=1&player=00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3Af0%3Add&playerid=00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3Af0%3Add&;cauth=96f78357b68a0253937872c6d055b01b
>
> "Because your CSRF protection level is set at 'MEDIUM', you can use the
> same ";cauth=" value for any URL; this means you should be more careful
> who you share your URLs with."
>

Strange, do you have some FF extension enabled that could interfere here?
Do the same problems happen on IE?

Regards,
Peter

Zaragon
2008-06-08, 05:08
I've seen the 403 before but only after I've had my Linux box resume from hibernate and FF automatically reloads sessions.

I believe it has something to do with the referrer header in the html request not having the right value (ie the SC box). It forms part of the SC website security. I'd guess if you turned off referrer in the FF config it would probably appear frequently or if you bookmarked an internal page. The auth string which I believe is unique to each SC proves you have the authority to do what every you were trying to do. The additional warning is telling you if you know the auth string (in that mode) it works to authorise any page.

mherger
2008-06-08, 20:44

This has not changed since 6.5. It's configurable from the settings page -> security, CSRF

--

Michael

toby10
2008-06-09, 03:31
1. Takes forever to load (may apply only to "default" skin)
2. Unstable (causes browser--Firefox--to lock up repeatedly) -- (also may apply only to "default" skin)
3. Can't recognize m3u files. Won't list them, can't see them, won't play them.
5. Always getting messages like this:

"403 Forbidden: settings/server/behavior.html

"In order to request this URL from a Bookmark/Favorite, or some means other than following a link from the SqueezeCenter web interface, you will need to use a URL with a \"cauth\" security parameter. If you received this error when following a link from the SqueezeCenter web interface, you will want to make sure your web browser software (including proxy servers and spyware/privacy software) is allowing \"Referer\" headers to be sent. Below is the appropriate URL for the URL you attempted.

"http://127.0.0.1:9000/settings/server/behavior.html?=1&player=00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3Af0%3Add&playerid=00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3Af0%3Add&;cauth=96f78357b68a0253937872c6d055b01b

"Because your CSRF protection level is set at 'MEDIUM', you can use the same ";cauth=" value for any URL; this means you should be more careful who you share your URLs with."

I use IE7 so I can't speak to FF issues, but as has been suggested by others it sure sounds like a settings problem within your FF and/or network.

With my system using WinXP, IE7, SC7, SB3:
- SC7 loads quickly
- Has never locked up
- My bookmarked http://127.0.0.1:9000 loads every time (unless DHCP has assigned a different IP address)

bobkoure
2008-06-12, 09:46
I'd guess if you turned off referrer in the FF config it would probably appear frequently
If you turned off referrer in FF, it would constantly appear.
I hadn't realized I could shut this behavior off - thanks Michael!

BTW, ceejay's totally right about picking a better thread title. Folks are amazingly helpful here, but a title like this is much less likely to attract the help you (probably) need.

Mitch Harding
2008-06-12, 10:30
I haven't had any of those issues. I'm guessing you just wish to vent
and are not looking for assistance, based on your subject, your lack
of any pertinent debug information, and your lack of a request for
help.

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 7:19 PM, lenehey
<lenehey.3antzb1212884401 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
> 1. Takes forever to load (may apply only to "default" skin)
> 2. Unstable (causes browser--Firefox--to lock up repeatedly) -- (also
> may apply only to "default" skin)
> 3. Can't recognize m3u files. Won't list them, can't see them, won't
> play them.
>
>
> "In order to request this URL from a Bookmark/Favorite, or some means
> other than following a link from the SqueezeCenter web interface, you
> will need to use a URL with a \"cauth\" security parameter. If you
> received this error when following a link from the SqueezeCenter web
> interface, you will want to make sure your web browser software
> (including proxy servers and spyware/privacy software) is allowing
> \"Referer\" headers to be sent. Below is the appropriate URL for the
> URL you attempted.
>
> "http://127.0.0.1:9000/settings/server/behavior.html?=1&player=00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3Af0%3Add&playerid=00%3A04%3A20%3A06%3Af0%3Add&;cauth=96f78357b68a0253937872c6d055b01b
>
> "Because your CSRF protection level is set at 'MEDIUM', you can use the
> same ";cauth=" value for any URL; this means you should be more careful
> who you share your URLs with."
>
>
> --
> lenehey
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> lenehey's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=12110
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48646
>