PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter won't populate album art

mathewbeall
2008-06-04, 23:22
Hi Folks,

I have seen some people have this issue, and most folks had their issue resolved by doing either a rescan or a full rebuild - I have tried both, multiple times, to no avail.

I *really* don't want to have to go into every single album to have squeezecenter populate the album art.

Any ideas?

Matt

Uluen
2008-06-05, 04:52
You cover art are named cover/folder/album.jpg?
Which OS is SC running on? Have you tried Artwork logging in SC?

mathewbeall
2008-06-05, 07:35
Yes, in fact - all my music is on my readynas, and when I ran SC on readynas, it picked up all the album art no problem. I just installed SC on Windows XP (for faster response) and it doesn't see the album art! Exact same data store... :)

Matt

jaffacake
2008-06-05, 07:38
Yes, in fact - all my music is on my readynas, and when I ran SC on readynas, it picked up all the album art no problem. I just installed SC on Windows XP (for faster response) and it doesn't see the album art! Exact same data store... :)

Matt

I've seen exactly the same issue, I have my music on a ReadyNAS too. Some art is picked up, some isn't. I switch between the servers and the result is completely different.

Subscribing to thread in case somebody proposes a solution.

mathewbeall
2008-06-09, 17:21
bumping this - I guess either a) no one else has this problem or b) there is a fix that I just can't find... :)

Matt

mathewbeall
2008-06-09, 18:29
I upgraded to 7.1, and that didn't do anything. I also turned on artwork logging to "debug" level, and the only time I ever get any hits is when I go down to the album level - before that, I don't get anything in the logs...

??

Matt

mathewbeall
2008-06-09, 19:59
More Information.

I have a directory called "Metallica/And Justice for All" with the 9 songs, plus folder.jpg.

On my Squeezebox controller - when I browse by album, it shows no album art.. when I go all the way into actually play the song, it finally displays the art, plus it creates a NEW jpg by the name of "AlbumArt_{0B6BE3A3-9D5D-488B-8802-69C8D696E85F}_Large". But still, even after that, under album view on the controller it doesn't show the artwork.

Should I just open a trouble case with Logitech?

Matt

mathewbeall
2008-06-09, 20:27
A ton more info that most people want... :)

I blew away my entire database, and created a directory with a single Linkin Park album (minutes to midnight) with a single folder.jpg image in the directory.

I then tried viewing from both the web interface and the squeezebox controller a myriad of ways, including rescanning before it FINALLY worked in both the web interface and the controller...

This CAN'T be this hard!!! (attached are all my logs capture).

Matt

mathewbeall
2008-06-09, 22:03
Getting Closer!

Directory Scan (3125 of 3125) Complete 00:03:02

Merge Various Artists (69 of 415) Running 00:02:50

SqueezeCenter has finished scanning your music collection.00:05:52

For whatever reason, it appears as if the server is not even doing an artwork scan - and I can't figure out why. If I just have a few directories, it does...

HELP!

Matt

mathewbeall
2008-06-09, 22:58
Ok - I figured it out... the scanner is crashing while merging artists - below is a dump of the error.

[08-06-09 22:54:43.3486] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Error: Error executing 'SELECT me.id, me.url, me.content_type, me.title, me.titlesort, me.titlesearch, me.album, me.tracknum, me.timestamp, me.filesize, me.disc, me.remote, me.audio, me.audio_size, me.audio_offset, me.year, me.secs, me.cover, me.vbr_scale, me.bitrate, me.samplerate, me.samplesize, me.channels, me.block_alignment, me.endian, me.bpm, me.tagversion, me.drm, me.musicmagic_mixable, me.musicbrainz_id, me.playcount, me.lastplayed, me.lossless, me.lyrics, me.rating, me.replay_gain, me.replay_peak, contributorTracks.role, contributorTracks.contributor, contributorTracks.track FROM tracks me LEFT JOIN contributor_track contributorTracks ON ( contributorTracks.track = me.id ) WHERE ( ( ( contributorTracks.role = ? ) AND ( me.album = ? ) ) ) ORDER BY contributorTracks.track': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_b30_0.MYD' (Errcode: 13) at C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.
[08-06-09 22:54:43.3492] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (C:/PROGRA~1/SQUEEZ~1/server/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 70)
frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 773)
frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_execute (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 826)
frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_select (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI/Cursor.pm line 79)
frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Cursor::next (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 701)
frame 5: DBIx::Class::ResultSet::next (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Schema.pm line 1261)
frame 6: Slim::Schema::mergeVariousArtistsAlbums (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Music/Import.pm line 354)
frame 7: Slim::Music::Import::runScanPostProcessing (scanner.pl line 217)
frame 8: main::__ANON__ (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 584)
frame 9: (eval) (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 572)
frame 10: DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do (scanner.pl line 217)
frame 11: (eval) (scanner.pl line 217)
frame 12: main::main (scanner.pl line 345)

[08-06-09 22:54:43.3772] Slim::Schema::throw_exception (217) Error: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Error executing 'SELECT me.id, me.url, me.content_type, me.title, me.titlesort, me.titlesearch, me.album, me.tracknum, me.timestamp, me.filesize, me.disc, me.remote, me.audio, me.audio_size, me.audio_offset, me.year, me.secs, me.cover, me.vbr_scale, me.bitrate, me.samplerate, me.samplesize, me.channels, me.block_alignment, me.endian, me.bpm, me.tagversion, me.drm, me.musicmagic_mixable, me.musicbrainz_id, me.playcount, me.lastplayed, me.lossless, me.lyrics, me.rating, me.replay_gain, me.replay_peak, contributorTracks.role, contributorTracks.contributor, contributorTracks.track FROM tracks me LEFT JOIN contributor_track contributorTracks ON ( contributorTracks.track = me.id ) WHERE ( ( ( contributorTracks.role = ? ) AND ( me.album = ? ) ) ) ORDER BY contributorTracks.track': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_b30_0.MYD' (Errcode: 13) at C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.
[08-06-09 22:54:43.3777] Slim::Schema::throw_exception (217) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Schema.pm line 217)
frame 1: Slim::Schema::throw_exception (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 606)
frame 2: DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do (scanner.pl line 217)
frame 3: (eval) (scanner.pl line 217)
frame 4: main::main (scanner.pl line 345)

I can't seem to see how to just turn that off, or to manually kick off the album scan outside of that main scan...

Anyone?

Matt

kdf
2008-06-09, 23:06
On 9-Jun-08, at 10:58 PM, mathewbeall wrote:

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file
> 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_b30_0.MYD' (Errcode: 13) a

This is the telltale sign of interference from anti-virus software.
Whatever software you are using, tell it to not scan *.MYI and *.MYD
files.
The database backend for SC (mysql) and antivirus programs do not
play well together.

-kdf

mathewbeall
2008-06-09, 23:11
FIXED IT!

Directory Scan (3071 of 3071) Complete 00:02:27

Merge Various Artists (408 of 408) Complete 00:00:06

Artwork Scan (409 of 409) Complete 00:00:56

Database Optimize (0 of ) Complete 00:00:05

SqueezeCenter has finished scanning your music collection.00:03:34

I had to turn off mcafee - the virus scan was interfering with the sql temp file creation... now I have to find a way to exclude those files...

MrSinatra
2008-06-10, 13:03
just as an aside, since some people here are infrant users, you might be interested in bug 8324. it is a patch (by erland) to allow users to turn off the VA logic detection, which would save users some time, and might really help infrant users.

there are other ways to tag comps, why use the imprecise logic if u could just turn it off and save the time and avoid its mistakes?

shabbs
2008-06-18, 17:20
Ugh. I had this very same issue. I use AVGFree which does not let you specify an exclusion list (the for-pay edition does), nor does it seem to have a quick and easy way to unload the resident real-time scanner. I ended up having to uninstall AVG and move to ClamWin as my AV solution in order to get the scan going properly. ClamWin does not have an on-access real-time scan engine like AVG does, so we'll see if I stick with this solution.

Interesting day...

EDIT: Blah... I spoke too soon... even with ClamWin I have the album art issue... sigh... back to the drawing board.

EDIT 2: Fixed my issue. Upgraded my version of AVG to the latest free version which did allow me to edit the real-time scan file type listing. I also explicitly specified the album art file name as "folder.jpg" in the settings. All of that seemed to do the trick. Phew.