PDA

View Full Version : VPN Breaks SB/SC Connectivity

Apesbrain
2008-06-04, 16:06
My SB3 loses connection with SC7 when the host PC is connected to my corporate VPN. Is there any way around this? Thanks.

mherger
2008-06-04, 17:24
> My SB3 loses connection with SC7 when the host PC is connected to my
> corporate VPN. Is there any way around this? Thanks.

If it's Cisco's software client, then please turn stateful firewall in the options menu 'Always On' off (a bit confusig, but you'll get it :-))

--

Michael

dramus
2008-06-05, 08:00
My SB3 loses connection with SC7 when the host PC is connected to my corporate VPN. Is there any way around this? Thanks.

I'm assuming that the SqueezeCenter is on the PC with the VPN Client.

The Nortel software VPN Client disconnects you from your local network and will not allow you to connect to any local devices. It was a real pain for me, I've now switched to a hardware VPN solution with allows me access to local my local network resources.

lanierb
2008-06-05, 09:45

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Your VPN has to allow local netork traffic to your server. In some you can set this as an option ("Allow local network traffic"). In others you can't. In addition, if it's VPN through your company they can usually choose to set it up so that it will never allow local network traffic (even if you switch the option).

JJZolx
2008-06-05, 10:37

Could be that the VPN tunnel isn't being kept open when there's inactivity. Some sort of "keep alive" setting in the software (or hardware) settings of the VPN may fix it.