PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way get a small, yetsignficiant reproducable bug fixed in Softsqueeze?

mkanet
2008-06-03, 09:54
Softqueeze has been around for a while now; and, for the most part, works pretty well for most people. However, it was built long before Music Services were proxied through Squeezenetwork the way they are now; and now requires a small update to Softsqueeze.jar to accommodate these types of music services.

Currently, for these services, its required to press play twice (or pause, and play again) to start hearing audio for Music services that go through squeezenetwork. The first time you press PLAY, network connection is established and even buffered, but a second PLAY command is needed for the audio to be heard (in most cases).

Bugzilla bug #8138

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8138

It will still be a while before SqueezePlay will replace Softsqueeze in Squeezecenter 7.2. But, until then, adding this little fix would sure extend the life of Softsqueeze a bit further.

I already tried emailing Richard Titmuss (Softsqueeze creator), but I'm not sure I had the right email address, or if he's still the guy who does bug fixes on it. I have also informed Andy on this forum, but I'm guessing he has his plate completely full.

I would gladly made a generous donation via paypal to whomever can fix this bug. I'm guessing its at most 20 minutes worth of work.

bpa
2008-06-03, 10:07
I don't believe the bug is specific to the proxied Music services as it also occurs with AlienBBC.

What needs to be changed since you estimated the amount of work ?

mkanet
2008-06-03, 10:09
At the worst case bandaid fix, issue a second play command after network connection is established and buffered.

I don't believe the bug is specific to the proxied Music services as it also occurs with AlienBBC.

What needs to be changed since you estimated the amount of work ?

mkanet
2008-06-04, 09:14
^shameless bump^