PDA

View Full Version : Duet fullscreen art?

doubledrop
2008-06-02, 11:25
Hi. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the album art display larger than default on Duet handset while a track is playing, possibly even fullscreen?

Good work Slim people, I'm addicted to my Duet!

radish
2008-06-02, 11:36
The Now Playing screen saver (which kicks in after a little while) shows it pretty big.

snarlydwarf
2008-06-02, 12:47
You can also click to get to the track settings and there is an item there (called, well, 'Show Artwork') that shows it very slightly larger than the Now Playing screensaver. (A few less pixels for margin, I think, so not a huge difference.)

bklaas
2008-06-02, 13:46
You can also click to get to the track settings and there is an item there (called, well, 'Show Artwork') that shows it very slightly larger than the Now Playing screensaver. (A few less pixels for margin, I think, so not a huge difference.)

As snarlydwarf pointed out, the 'Show Artwork' link is the largest way to view album art on the controller. It's displayed as the width of the controller screen with a couple of pixels of buffer on left and right.

There has also been some discussion internally about adding a "big artwork" screensaver that would provide the largest possible artwork (with nothing else) on the screen. That's probably a month or three away from being added.

cheers,
#!/ben

doubledrop
2008-06-03, 00:27
thanks, that works, and looks goods to me. nice to just see the art with none of the other clutter. it would be awesome to have a 'now playing' screensaver with fullscreen art, maybe even with the option of filling the whole screen - thereby cropping the sides of the art, which is not ideal i know, but would have more impact by using all the pixels. thanks.

ralphpnj
2008-06-03, 02:46
As snarlydwarf pointed out, the 'Show Artwork' link is the largest way to view album art on the controller. It's displayed as the width of the controller screen with a couple of pixels of buffer on left and right.

There has also been some discussion internally about adding a "big artwork" screensaver that would provide the largest possible artwork (with nothing else) on the screen. That's probably a month or three away from being added.

cheers,
#!/ben

From what I've been able to figure out, I believe that the "Show Artwork" link is only available for files that have the artwork embedded in the file rather than stored as a separate file, e.g. "cover.jpg" within the folder. If this the case than some kind "show big artwork" feature would be most welcome.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Enoch Soames
2008-06-03, 04:24
That would be very cool. I know you guys probably have bigger priorities, but I'd love to see this happen.

simplefi
2008-06-03, 07:10
The "show artwork" feature is good in that it makes use of the width of the screen while maintaining the aspect ratio. It would be great if it just automatically displayed in a screensaver, although I would prefer that the empty space above and below be used to show track info, etc instead of just having the art only.

Skunk
2008-06-03, 07:25
From what I've been able to figure out, I believe that the "Show Artwork" link is only available for files that have the artwork embedded in the file rather than stored as a separate file, e.g. "cover.jpg" within the folder.

There has always been a show art link for tracks without embedded art afaik, and I'm sure it's working with 7.01/r2448. Are you looking in track details?

ralphpnj
2008-06-03, 08:05
There has always been a show art link for tracks without embedded art afaik, and I'm sure it's working with 7.01/r2448. Are you looking in track details?

Yes, if by "track details" you mean the screen which shows:

Play this song
Add this song
Title:
Artist:
Album:
Genre:
Year:
Track:
File Format:
Duration:
File Length:
Bitrate:
Sample Rate:
Add to Favorites:

I repeat, "Show Artwork" only seems to appear for songs in which the artwork is embedded into the file.

And I'm running SqueezeCenter version 7.0 - 17793 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

So does this mean that I need to update to version 7.0.1 in order to see "Show Artwork" for all the albums with non-embedded artwork?

snarlydwarf
2008-06-03, 08:17
\
I repeat, "Show Artwork" only seems to appear for songs in which the artwork is embedded into the file.

Odd, since I don't embed artwork.... and it's worked fine on 7.0 and 7.0.1 and 7.1.

Skunk
2008-06-03, 08:24
Year:
Track:

I have Show Artwork and Comment between those two.

You could try updating the firmware on the controller before upgrading to 7.0.1 , because like snarlydwarf it seems like I remember it always being there.

bklaas
2008-06-03, 09:29
Yes, if by "track details" you mean the screen which shows:

Play this song
Add this song
Title:
Artist:
Album:
Genre:
Year:
Track:
File Format:
Duration:
File Length:
Bitrate:
Sample Rate:
Add to Favorites:

And I'm running SqueezeCenter version 7.0 - 17793 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

So does this mean that I need to update to version 7.0.1 in order to see "Show Artwork" for all the albums with non-embedded artwork?

I fixed a bug (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6838) where Show Artwork wasn't appearing, but according to the bug it was checked in at change 16948, which you already have. I would probably still recommend an update to Squeezecenter 7.0.1 to see if it fixes the issue. If you choose to do that, let me know if that worked.

cheers,
#!/ben

ralphpnj
2008-06-03, 09:32
I fixed a bug (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6838) where Show Artwork wasn't appearing, but according to the bug it was checked in at change 16948, which you already have. I would probably still recommend an update to Squeezecenter 7.0.1 to see if it fixes the issue. If you choose to do that, let me know if that worked.

cheers,
#!/ben

Well I just finished upgrading to SqueezeCenter 7.0.1 (the latest "official" version) and there is still no "Show Artwork" line in the track details menu.

Then I read Shunk's post suggesting that I try updating the Controller firmware. Fine, I tryed to update the Controller's firmware and it kept on failing, however, now I do get the "Show Artwork" line on the Track Details menu.

Thank you for your help in getting this issue straightened out.