PDA

View Full Version : Starting a MusicIP mixer playlist

Philip Meyer
2008-06-02, 11:00
When I bring up the mixers (with play.hold) and select MusicIP, I get a list of the tracks that have been selected for the mix. I can press play to start playback of that mix.

However, each track has a right-arrow symbol, so I assume it should be possible to press right-arrow to bring up the song information, but nothing happens. I'd quite like to be able to pick a song from a mix and decide to play that album instead.

Also, it would be nice if the mixers could be brought up from this list of tracks. Eg. I could select a favourite album, artist or genre, bring up a musicIP mix, and from there select a song by a different artist and play a mix based on that song.

I also see that every time I start a mix from the same artist, album, genre or song, I get the same mix results. Shouldn't it be more a bit more random?

Phil

Wirrunna
2008-06-02, 16:05
Phil, I suspect that you are using the Duet controller, not the Squeezebox controller.
The right arrow symbol will be so you can start playing the mix at that track.

"Eg. I could select a favourite album, artist or genre, bring up a musicIP mix, and from there select a song by a different artist and play a mix based on that song."
I'm not quite sure what you are getting at here, but you can select a track and create a mix then select a track in that mix and create a second mix from that.

To get more variety in your mixes you need to change the MusicIP Mix Style and Mix Variety in the plugin.

I suggest that you use the MusicIP GUI to get familiar with the effects of the different parameters and making mixes from mixes and then use the remote.

whicken
2008-06-02, 18:12
I also see that every time I start a mix from the same artist, album, genre or song, I get the same mix results. Shouldn't it be more a bit more random?

Or, if you're using 1.9, set up a recipe with the "jitter" parameter, which tends to give better results than the variety slider (assuming it's easy enough to select recipes in your configuration).

Philip Meyer
2008-06-02, 23:44
>Or, if you're using 1.9, set up a recipe with the "jitter" parameter,
>which tends to give better results than the variety slider (assuming
>it's easy enough to select recipes in your configuration).
Thanks - I'll give that a go.