PDA

View Full Version : SC7 not support file name with double-byte character?

luojs
2008-06-01, 01:56
Hi.

i just upgraded from SS6.x to SC7.01. After upgrade,SC7 rescan my music.But all the file with double-byte character name(ie. Chinese)does not show in music library.There is no this problem before when I am using SS6.x.Anybody know how to fix it?Thanks a lot.

BTW:I am using VISTA.My file store on a Dlink DNS-323 NAS w/ UTF support.

mherger
2008-06-01, 06:41
> BTW:I am using VISTA.My file store on a Dlink DNS-323 NAS w/ UTF
> support.

What music file format are you using?

--

Michael

luojs
2008-06-03, 06:22
> BTW:I am using VISTA.My file store on a Dlink DNS-323 NAS w/ UTF
> support.

What music file format are you using?

--

Michael

FLAC always.

edit:All the file with english name is OK.

mherger
2008-06-03, 07:01
> edit:All the file with english name is OK.

This should just work. I guess your NAS is misconfigured (Samba or locale setting), which leads to broken characters from the NAS point of view. Could you please give us the server details as displayed in SqueezeCenter's Settings/Status?

--

Michael

luojs
2008-06-03, 15:44
> edit:All the file with english name is OK.

This should just work. I guess your NAS is misconfigured (Samba or locale setting), which leads to broken characters from the NAS point of view. Could you please give us the server details as displayed in SqueezeCenter's Settings/Status?

--

Michael

Thanks for your quick reply.

My server detial:

SqueezeCenter StatusInformation on all identified devices connected to SqueezeCenter Library statisticsTotal Tracks: 2,698

Total Albums: 197

Total Artists: 204

Total Genres: 17

Total Playing Time: 228:35:17

Music Scan Details ( of )
( of )
( of )
( of )
( of )
( of )
( of )
( of )
( of )
( of )
( of )
SqueezeCenter has finished scanning your music collection. Total Time:00:00:02 SqueezeCenter InformationSqueezeCenter Version: 7.0.1 - 19705 @ Wed May 14 19:43:37 PDT 2008 - Windows Vista - EN - cp936
Server IP address: 10.0.0.1
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

Platform Architecture: 586

Hostname:

Server Port Number: 9000

Total Players Recognized: 1

Player InformationName: Squeezebox

Model: Squeezebox v3

Firmware: 88

The IP address for this player is: 10.0.0.252:25074

The Ethernet MAC address for this player is: 00:04:20:12:36:d0

Wireless Signal Strength: 71
Cache FolderC:\ProgramData\SqueezeCenter\CachePreference s FolderC:\ProgramData\SqueezeCenter\prefsPlugin FoldersC:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\Slim\Plugin, C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\PluginsSqueezeCenter Log FileSqueezeCenter keeps a log file for all application related activities (Audio Streaming, Infrared, etc) here:C:\ProgramData\SqueezeCenter\Logs\server.log (100, 500, 1000 lines) Scanner Log File

Update:I change Squeeze center start type setting form "start after logon" to "Start by service".Than rescan the music.Looks like getting better result.But Some folder still can not be scaned.If I try to expand that folder,it will hang sequzze center service for about half minute(Clock stoped).This problem only happen after upgrade to SC7.01.For SS6.x everything running prefect.

mmc
2008-11-23, 23:05
I have a similar problem. my music files are stored on an Airlink NAS (a saamba server) with UTF8 support. I could see chinese and japanese characters correctly from windows, but these are not displayed correctly in SC7,2,1.
would like to find out how to fix.

thanks, mmc

mherger
2008-11-24, 00:33
> I have a similar problem. my music files are stored on an Airlink NAS
> (a saamba server) with UTF8 support. I could see chinese and japanese
> characters correctly from windows, but these are not displayed
> correctly in SC7,2,1.

Where are you running your SC?

--

Michael