PDA

View Full Version : Rescanning Entire Catalog

The Witchdoctor
2008-05-31, 23:39
Hi,

I cannot figure out how to control the "Rescanning" feature on SqueezeCenter. Everytime I add a new song or album, everytime I open up SqueezeCenter upon rebooting my computer, almost everytime I open up iTunes, and even at random times--it wants to rescan my entire music catalog which takes about 30-45 minutes. During that time, most of my music is unavailable. I can't seem to find a setting that will allow me to pre-set the time to rescan my catalog. And I also cannot figure out how to stop the rescanning once it has started. BTW, I have the latest version of SqueezeCenter, a Squeezebox 3 with the latest firmware, an iBook running Leopard
OS X, and the latest version of iTunes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jacob

Zaragon
2008-06-01, 04:44
SqueezeCenter, at least without iTunes integration (as I don't use it), doesn't automatically recan the library. It does have a timed rescan facility under advanced->Rescan Music Library where you can set a time (or off) at which the library is scanned.

There was, if not still is, a plug-in that would monitor for changes in the library directory structure and would initiate a rescan. Do you have that plug-in?