PDA

View Full Version : How to update firmware on V3 with duet?

nmolenbeek
2008-05-31, 08:53
I have an Squeezebox V3 wich needs to be updated to the latest firmware so i can use it with squeezecenter 7.1.
It says i need to push the briteness button on the original remote..
But i have lost it and bought a duet instead... but how can i update the V3 because it has no briteness button!!!!

morris_minor
2008-05-31, 09:51
Try the brightness button the remote ;o)

dean
2008-05-31, 10:06
You are going to need an IR remote to upgrade the firmware on your SB3.

One thing you can do, is go to the network setup home menu and go to Current Settings, then scroll to Auto Update and press right to turn it on. That way when a new firmware comes, the device updates automatically.

But you'll need a remote to change this setting...

dean
2008-05-31, 10:07
Ah, one more trick...

In the Controller settings, under Advanced -> Factory Test -> Infrared, there is a test program that pretends to be a Squeezebox remote.

I'd use that to get yourself set up with Auto Update, then you won't need to do it again.

nmolenbeek
2008-05-31, 11:09
Thanks Dean,

Youre last suggestion worked!!!! so i now have a player that i can use!!!

Thanks!
Nico

badbob
2008-06-04, 14:31
Had a similar problem, for some reason holding down brightness wasen't performing the update. Using the older style remote with the V3 black wireless. Any chance updating firmware from browser can added?

kdf
2008-06-04, 14:41
Dean's suggestion didn't work for you?
-kdf

JJZolx
2008-06-04, 14:54
Is there a reason that the auto-update setting hasn't been added to the web interface as a player setting? This has been a fairly common situation. Misplace the remote, get stuck at firmware update.

badbob
2008-06-04, 15:30
Dean's suggestion didn't work for you?
-kdf

V3 SB not a Duet. I couldn't find where he was implying the solution was. Post a picture please?

Anoop M.
2008-06-04, 15:35
Had a similar problem, for some reason holding down brightness wasen't performing the update. Using the older style remote with the V3 black wireless. Any chance updating firmware from browser can added?

Try connecting your player to SqueezeNetwork and then forcing your player into a firmware upgrade by holding down the brightness button for 10 seconds.

Does that help?

badbob
2008-06-04, 15:50
I don't have brothers SB3 here, I'll just connect his SB3 where mine is and should hopefully update.

Anoop M.
2008-06-04, 16:16
I don't have brothers SB3 here, I'll just connect his SB3 where mine is and should hopefully update.

Could you please try connecting to SqueezeNetwork and then forcing a firmware upgrade?

We have seen this issue with other customers and I would love it if you could verify if this is a valid workaround.