PDA

View Full Version : Built-in WMA support on Windows

Chris Davies
2004-03-06, 00:55
The new build allows me to play wma tracks on my win32 server [thanks guys!] - however, the tracks are sorted alphabetically rather than by track number. I tried the solution for this posted by John Harding in last month's archives (i.e. replace wma.pm in the cpan\audio directory with his file) but this does not make any difference for me.
Any help in sorting this last wma problem (for me!) would be greatly appreciated.
Chris
p.s. my wma's were created using windows media player and I'm running my server in an xp environment.

dean
2004-03-06, 10:23
I had missed that patch and it works for me. I've committed the patch
and updated the current nightly build available here:

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest

On Mar 5, 2004, at 11:55 PM, Chris Davies wrote:

> The new build allows me to play wma tracks on my win32 server [thanks
> guys!] - however, the tracks are sorted alphabetically rather than by
> track number. I tried the solution for this posted by John Harding in
> last month's archives (i.e. replace wma.pm in the cpan\audio directory
> with his file) but this does not make any difference for me.
> Any help in sorting this last wma problem (for me!) would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Chris
> p.s. my wma's were created using windows media player and I'm
> running my server in an xp environment.
>

John Harding
2004-03-07, 17:23
If you're running the regular windows binary, it won't pick up changes to the installed perl modules - you've got to install perl and run the server manually if you want to use your own custom version.

-John
----- Original Message -----
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 11:55 PM
Subject: [slim] Built-in WMA support on Windows

The new build allows me to play wma tracks on my win32 server [thanks guys!] - however, the tracks are sorted alphabetically rather than by track number. I tried the solution for this posted by John Harding in last month's archives (i.e. replace wma.pm in the cpan\audio directory with his file) but this does not make any difference for me.
Any help in sorting this last wma problem (for me!) would be greatly appreciated.
Chris
p.s. my wma's were created using windows media player and I'm running my server in an xp environment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------