PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate files in library?

JHCain
2008-05-29, 07:04
Greetings;

I've been searching this forum and the general Internet for a solution to my little problem... My apologies if this has been covered previously; a pointer to the solution would be appreciated.

Our music library (and SqueezeCenter) are on a central server in the basement. This library consists of folders with my wife's iTunes library, as well as my folders of FLAC files.

For albums that are duplicated (one in her library, and one I've FLAC'd), they naturally show up twice in SqueezeCenter. I'd like to see only the FLAC (or higher bitrate file) when there is a duplicated entry.

Any way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

-Jim

radish
2008-05-29, 08:17
There's no easy way. Even if you were able to tell SC to select only one of the duplicates you'd almost certainly run into places where the tags differed and so the server couldn't tell they were actually the same track.

I've thought about how to solve this exact problem myself, in the end I decided to just rerip all my wifes CDs to FLAC and add them to the main library. It's a hassle but I'm a neat freak and it's the only way I could think of to guarantee consistency.

You may also want to take a look at the Custom Browse plugin, it might help get you part of the way.

erland
2008-05-29, 12:54
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=217863#post217863