PDA

View Full Version : SB3 not working anymore

Rich85
2008-05-28, 06:25
Hello all,

I've had my squeezebox 3 for about 5 months now and had no problems at all. However a few days ago every time I started a song playing the speakers would crackle. I unplugged the SB but when I go plug it in it doesn't seem to work at all.

It goes through startup sequence but the display seems to have random pixels flashing all over the place. It displays the 'welcome to squeezebox (press right to continue setup)' screen and then says 'Problem: ethernet appears disconnected' even though the cable is plugged in, then it turns off. I can't get it to respond to the remote so can't perform a reset, or do anyhing at all.

Can anybody help?
Thanks

Mark Lanctot
2008-05-30, 10:31
It's still under warranty, contact support.

You say that it won't respond to the remote anymore. Does this include the firmware menu (press and hold left for 5 seconds)?

If you can get the firmware menu up you can probably perform a reset.

Rich85
2008-05-31, 10:02
Hi Mark,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I actually had another fiddle around with it this morning and tried to get it to reset but had no luck.

However I decided to try a different power supply as I found a suitable one around the house, and the SB is now working again!

Weird thing is I got the original supply tested when it first went wrong, and was told it was working fine!