PDA

View Full Version : SBC and play other songs

Teus de Jong
2008-05-28, 05:03
I've got a SBC! And I love it. I noticed one thing: the SBC does not seem to honor the setting for 'Play other songs in Album'. On my transporter, I have this set to 'Play other songs in album or directory'. So, if I want to skip the first two songs, I go to song three and the rest is played till the end of the album - that is, if I start the playing with the 'normal' remote or with the web interface. But when I press play with that song selected on the SBC, only that song is played.

This might seem a minor problem, but for me it is a major one. Maybe I have set up my library a bit weird (but I like it this way). E.g., in my library I have Beethoven > Beethoven Piano Sonatas (Gilels). All sonatas are there (well, all sonatas Gilels had recorded when he died), and I certainly won't start at Sonata 1 all the time. So normally I go to the first part of the sonata I want to hear and press play. But I don't want to hear only the first part of that sonata.

Is there a setting for this in the SBC? Is it a bug?

Teus

pippin
2008-05-28, 05:46
Is there a setting for this in the SBC? Is it a bug?

Teus

Depends on the viewpoint.

Read this:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48087

Teus de Jong
2008-05-28, 06:25
Thank you Pippin. I see in the bug report that they're working on it. (But as an end user I strongly feel that the behaviour should be the same everywhere).

Teus

pippin
2008-05-28, 06:44
You should probably vote for it. I haven't heard a lot of this bug recently and so I'm not convinced that they are really working on it...