PDA

View Full Version : 7.01 - Albums spanning multiple discs

Psyduck
2008-05-28, 03:31
Hi!

After upgrading to 7.01 and rescanning my music, all albums spanning multiple discs appears multiple times?

No tags has been changed (.flac's) and no settings has been changed in SqueezeCenter?!?

Is there a new behaviour that I should be aware of?
Previously all that were needed to have albums spanning multiple discs to appear as on was to set the following tags:
"Album Title" - same for all discs
"Disc Number"
"Total Discs"

Isn't this correct? What Am I missing?

Edit: After browsing through my music library I've discovered that this only applies to compilations.

Regards
Jonas

Teus de Jong
2008-05-28, 03:46
Maybe the setting for how to handle 'multi-disc sets' is wrong. Go to Settings, choose tab sheet Music Library and check if at the entry 'Group Discs' the option 'Treat multi-disc sets as a single album' is selected. If this not the case, adjust this setting and rescan your library.

Teus

Psyduck
2008-05-28, 04:06
"Group compilation albums together" is selected.

The mystery is that it worked fine in 7.0, after upgrading to 7.01 it broke?!?

Teus de Jong
2008-05-28, 04:23
The only thing I can think of is that the scan didn't finish correctly. Putting multiple albums together is a separate step. Could you look at your last scan results and see if this step was done and the scan completed? (I have had the same situation once and at that time the scan didn't finish correctly.)

Teus

blazingtortoise
2008-05-28, 05:47
Afternoon,

I've had the same problem but checking the Bugzilla page, there has been a change made to fix a previous bug that has 'broken' the treat multiple disks as same album function. Looks like we may need to wait for an update to fix this.

Simon.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4361

Psyduck
2008-05-28, 05:57
Edit: A bit late with my answer

Teus de Jong
2008-05-28, 06:19
>Edit: After browsing through my music library I've discovered that this only applies to compilations.

Ah! that could be the problem. I don't think I handle compilations the 'normal' way (only have a few).

Teus

slimkid
2008-05-28, 08:19
>Edit: After browsing through my music library I've discovered that this only applies to compilations.

Ah! that could be the problem. I don't think I handle compilations the 'normal' way (only have a few).

Teus

That was a problem I discovered in one of pre-release versions.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=47445
But now, it's fine with last night's build of 7.1. What version of 7.0.1. have you?

K

blazingtortoise
2008-05-28, 10:12
Appologies for hijacking the thread.

I'm running:
SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0.1 - 19705 @ Wed May 14 19:42:16 PDT 2008 - SUSE - EN - iso-8859-1