PDA

View Full Version : Album art gets switched around



lork
2008-05-27, 12:46
I am getting everything set up, and have added album art. The odd thing is that about 2/3 of it shows up correctly, and the remaining (randomly distributed) 1/3 of albums all display art for a different album. This is non-reciprocal- some of the albums whose cover art is showing up on other albums actually do display their own cover art properly. I have checked the folders, and the right art is in the right folders (I use artist/album folder structure to store).

Rescanning the library does not seem to fix this- same things stay messed up.

Any suggestions appreciated- Slimserver is obviously not associating the right art with the right albums, but I don't know how to fix it.

I am running Slimserver 7.0.2 under Ubuntu. Actually, it should be the latest stable distribution of slimserver (how I have it set up); slimserver says 7.0.2, but Ubuntu can't download the most recent update (supposedly 7.0.2...) so it may be one version back. Regardless, this problem is not new- been true since I set things up two weeks ago.

Thanks!

PS: Apologies if this is covered elsewhere (if so, just send me the link)- I saw no threads with this exact issue, nor were any newer than about February.

aubuti
2008-05-27, 14:47
Is this the album art on the SC web ui or on the Controller (remote)? For the web ui, a clear-and-rescan should take care of things. If not, you could delete the cache file. The location of the cache file varies with OS and installation method, but if you installed from the .deb package it *might* be under /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/MySQL/.

If you are talking about the SB Controller, my best advice is to do a factory reset, which will clear the artwork cache. To do that you turn it off, then hold down the "+" key when you power the SBC back up. The bad news is you'll have to reset everything, including "typing" in your WPA passphrase, etc.

lork
2008-05-27, 16:11
Thanks- that did the trick!

The issue was on the controller; I use classic view, so don't see things in the browser. I reset it as you described, but then had difficulty getting it to re-recognize my music source. My method of solving this is below, in case anyone else needs it.

Too bad there's not an easier way of clearing the controller cache.

Thanks again!


Extended solution:

Do as suggested:

If you are talking about the SB Controller, my best advice is to do a factory reset, which will clear the artwork cache. To do that you turn it off, then hold down the "+" key when you power the SBC back up. The bad news is you'll have to reset everything, including "typing" in your WPA passphrase, etc.

Then, after following set-up procedure on controller, if it cannot connect the receiver to ethernet (if you use ethernet; otherwise wireless) or find your music library or both:

When resetting controller, if you get to "set up" and choose player/squeezebox XXXX/Ethernet and it canít find your music sources, then:

On the controller go to home/settings/music source/other server, enter IP address of your computer (with leading zeros if necessary- i.e., 192.168.1.120 = 192.168.001.120), then wait for it to find your computer name- this can take a minute or two, and it won't let you go forward until that happens. After this, your computer (with the music on it) will show up int he list of music sources.

If it couldnít find the Ethernet connection, or still can't connect to your computer as the music source, unplug the receiver AND the tehrnet cable, then plug both back in after 30 sec. May still have to try twice to get it to finally find both the Ethernet, then your computer. Then it should recognize your music library.