PDA

View Full Version : Remote power

Rar
2008-05-27, 12:07
I really can't figure out how to handle the remote for my duet. Problems:

- Theoretically, should one ever turn it off?

- It really doesn't hold power that well, does it mean that one should put it back in the dock after using it for a while or will that decrease bettery life.

- When the remote is in the dock and my computer is off it spends a lot of time searching for a source. That definitely urges one to shot it down.

- The strangest thing though is, that when turned off but not in dock it still seems to use just as much power. Everyday I come home it's out of power. Pretty strange.

/Confused...

Rar
2008-06-02, 07:58
No one? Sorry if I posted it the wrong place.

Rar
2008-07-06, 12:09
Hello? Anyone?? This seems relevant for alle duet users!

Siduhe
2008-07-06, 14:17
Have you checked the Power Saving options on your Duet Controller are set correctly?

Settings/Advanced/Factory Test/Power Management/

What settings do you see?
They should be:

Sleep Timeout=60
Suspend Timeout=3600
Suspend Enabled=Yes
Suspend Wake=No
Wireless Power Save=Yes

Per post 7 in this thread (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=46508).

radish
2008-07-07, 09:18
To answer your specific questions:

- Theoretically, should one ever turn it off?

I don't see why you would, except maybe when going away for a long time on vacation.

- It really doesn't hold power that well, does it mean that one should put it back in the dock after using it for a while or will that decrease bettery life.

Leaving it in the dock all the time will not harm battery life any more than not leaving it in the dock. If that makes any sense :)

- When the remote is in the dock and my computer is off it spends a lot of time searching for a source. That definitely urges one to shot it down.

Sure, you could shut it down then. You could also connect it to SN.

- The strangest thing though is, that when turned off but not in dock it still seems to use just as much power. Everyday I come home it's out of power. Pretty strange.

No idea why that would be, off should be off. Are you sure it's really shutting down?

Rar
2008-07-29, 03:01
Thanks! The last problem has now dissapeared. I'll keep it on from now :-)