PDA

View Full Version : Home Button on Duet Controller Does Not Work

jimzak
2008-05-26, 18:56
Today after I installed a new router and reset the Duet and controller, I have been unable to get the Home button on the controller to work.

I put in a NetGear router that I had on hand after another one failed.

Everything else works fine, just that one button.

Any thoughts?

I would hate to have to get yet another router.

jimzak
2008-05-26, 19:27
I put the older router back in and the home button started working again.

As I hit more and more of these glitches, I shudder to think what if a tech neophyte got into this stuff.

I plan on reviewing the Duet for epinions.com. These gotcha's will be mentioned prominently.

mherger
2008-05-26, 23:41
> I put in a NetGear router that I had on hand after another one failed.

While this doesn't make sense at first sight, I'm stumped, as this seems to be the second report of this behaviour today :-/.

Can you confirm this is working fine with the old router?

--

Michael

jimzak
2008-05-27, 03:50
Yes.

When I changed the router back from a newer Netgear router (WGT624) to an older Netgear router, the Home button became operable again.

Unfortunately I don't think I can say 100% that the problem was due to the router as I had to reset the entire system each time I made the change (factory reset the controller) but I do think it's likely that the router caused the problem.

I just ordered the Linksys router that has been widely recommended on these boards.

andynormancx
2008-05-27, 03:52
I put the older router back in and the home button started working again.

As I hit more and more of these glitches, I shudder to think what if a tech neophyte got into this stuff.

I plan on reviewing the Duet for epinions.com. These gotcha's will be mentioned prominently.

It seems highly likely that you have fallen victim to a coincidence. The most likely explanation of that behaviour is that there is some sort of intermittent problem with the hardware on your controller and it just happened to coincide with you swapping routers.

I'd recommend swapping the routers a couple of times again so you can rule this out.

bpa
2008-05-27, 04:00
You may have controller hardware problem and there have been 2 users on the forum with keypad problems.

Test keypad using Controller - Settings/Advanced/Factory test/Keyboard.

slydog75
2008-05-27, 06:49

I actually think getting these duets to work right is harder for the more tech-savy among us. I had an issue that I was trying to correct for nearly a week, spent a couple hours on the phone with tech support and nothing. Turns out it was because I was running 3rd party firmware (Alchemy) on my WRT54G. I reinstalled Linksys official firmware and now everything works like a champ.