PDA

View Full Version : Anamolies with music tags

slydog75
2008-05-26, 18:39
When viewing my music collection through Windows Media Player 11 and then comparing to what I see through SqueezeCenter, there are some odd differences. For instance, I have a view AC/DC albums. In WMP11 all I see for artists is AC/DC. In SqueezeCenter (and thus via my Duet) I see AC/DC and ACDC. Where is the "ACDC" (with no /) coming from and how do I fix it?

ceejay
2008-05-26, 23:05
When viewing my music collection through Windows Media Player 11 and then comparing to what I see through SqueezeCenter, there are some odd differences. For instance, I have a view AC/DC albums. In WMP11 all I see for artists is AC/DC. In SqueezeCenter (and thus via my Duet) I see AC/DC and ACDC. Where is the "ACDC" (with no /) coming from and how do I fix it?

the most likely explanation is that you have multiple types of tags in your files - for example both ID3v1 and ID3v2. The best way to fix this is to usea decent tagging program such as mp3tag. There is a specific guide to using it with SC, and in particular removing duplicate tags, here:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Mp3tagGuide

HTH
Ceejay

slydog75
2008-05-27, 05:39
Nice, just what I was looking for. Thanks for the link!