PDA

View Full Version : Just spins...won't connect

Pungh0Li0
2008-05-25, 09:25
Duet with 7.01.
The Squeezenetwork website shows Controller & Receiver are both connected
but my controller just shows the spinning circles forever. Says "Connecting to Livingroom".

I've reset everything including a Factory reset.
Reinstalled r2448 firmware.
It sees all music sources.
It sees my player "Livingroom"
But won't connect.

Usually turning controller off fixes this. No go.
I'd like to use this on the 3 day weekend.
No support until Tuesday I guess?

Thanks, Joe

SB3-Man
2008-05-25, 09:54
Hi

I have the same problem: just spinning - never connect...

As Joe, I have also tried all sort of things, but without succes. Done numerous factory resets on both controller and receiver. It connects fine to the network, but when I choose "music source", the show stops.... the sources are coming up (own server and Squeezenetwork) and when choosing either of them, the ongoing spinning starts..........

The reciever connects via WiFi, and it shows up in the DHCP list of the router.

I have had the Duet for a couple of months now and I have always managed to get it back up and running, but this time its pretty stuck..

The fault seemed to happen when I had to change from own server to Squeezenetwork.

I have a SB3, in another room, that runs without problems, so I dont expect the fault to be in my network.

System:
SqueezeCenter version: 7.0.1 - 19705 @ Wed May 14 19:43:37 PDT 2008 - Windows XP - DA - cp1252
Router: Linksys WRT54GL

Pungh0Li0
2008-05-25, 12:35
Ok...it's working now. Hopefully, it keeps working.

I did another reset of the receiver. Held the button for 10 seconds so it started blinking fast (did this yesterday too). This time it connected.

Thanks, Joe
[edit: Looks like it was a SN database problem fixed by SlimDevices. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48053&page=7 ]

grb@aughton.vianw.co.uk
2008-05-29, 15:11
I am having the same problem but factory reset not helped -any other suggestions??