PDA

View Full Version : SBR network config/reset

jv8
2008-05-24, 20:55
I've got a 2nd Duet Receiver I'm trying to configure. After a hold-the-button receiver reset, how exactly does it initially connect to the network? For example, in my house there are these networks:

1) wired ethernet
2) neighbor's open wifi
3) my WPA encrypted wifi
4) (I suppose this could be possible) peer-to-peer ad-hoc between SBC and SBR?

How does the receiver talk to the controller for initial setup? I originally had the receiver plugged into the wired net (since I assumed the encryption would trip up config via wifi). The controller initially saw it and I configured the SBR for my WPA wifi and pulled the cable. Things were great until I ran into a problem and performed a receiver reset without plugging it back into the wired LAN. The receiver got to the slow flashing red light mode. I think this means it's connected to the network and is waiting for setup. Unfortunately I can't see it on my net. I fear it is associated with the neighbor's open router. So I plugged it into the wired LAN and tried to perform another reset - but the receiver won't reset! Holding the button down does nothing - it still slowly flashes red. I don't see any activity lights on the wired ethernet port. Power cycle does the same thing.

Is there another way to reset the SBR to get it back on my wired net?

radish
2008-05-25, 10:42
How does the receiver talk to the controller for initial setup?

Adhoc.

The receiver got to the slow flashing red light mode. I think this means it's connected to the network and is waiting for setup.

No, it means it's setup the adhoc connection and is waiting for an SBC to come along and tell it what to do.

jv8
2008-05-26, 07:00
Adhoc.

No, it means it's setup the adhoc connection and is waiting for an SBC to come along and tell it what to do.

If that's the case, there is something wrong with my SBR. To test the adhoc, I turned off the SBC and took out the battery. When I powered on the SBR it went to the same slow red flash immediately.

It had originally spontaneously entered the slow red flash during Rhapsody playback. I did not initiate any resets.

Now that it's in the slow red flash mode it does not show up during SBC init, and the SBR does not respond to a button hold reset.

I'll call tech support again tomorrow.

This sure has not been plug-and-play for me. My original SBC/SBR pair worked fine.

dean
2008-05-26, 11:29
You should reset your SBR by pressing and holding the button until it flashes red.

Then go into Choose Player on your SBC and it should show up there.

Select it and you should be walked through the connection setup again, where you can choose to use the ethernet connection again.

jv8
2008-05-26, 11:54
You should reset your SBR by pressing and holding the button until it flashes red.

Then go into Choose Player on your SBC and it should show up there.

Select it and you should be walked through the connection setup again, where you can choose to use the ethernet connection again.

I am very familiar with this procedure - I have another SBR that works fine. As I mentioned in the above two posts, this SBR currently does not respond to the button-hold reset. It never does the "fast flash" that normally occurs during the button-hold. It constantly does the slow flash, and it never shows up under "Choose Player".

What should I do now?

In the past it did work at least once - I had it streaming Rhapsody when it spontaneously went from normal white to slow red flash and disconnected from the controller. If the problem were wireless signal quality or network congestion, I would expect audio drop-outs but not a complete loss of configuration.

Thanks for any help.