PDA

View Full Version : Noob - installed Server and get nothing in browser

PugRallye
2008-05-23, 07:02
Hi,

Just got my nice new Duet and fallen at the first. It's a real shame that my first post here is a critical error rather than praise....

I've set up/installed the latest Server application from the web (onto XP SP2 logged in as admin) and no errors.

Whenever I try and load up the application to configure it, I get an error in IE or Firefox that the webpage cannot be displayed.

I've gone into the event logs and found this:

(error) Can't open and lock time zone table: Table 'mysql.time_zone_leap_second' doesn't exist trying to live without them.

There are several other informational ones:

C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWIN3~1\mysqld.ex e: ready for connections.
Version: '5.0.22-community-nt' socket: '' port: 9092 MySQL Community Edition (GPL)

Then:

C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWIN3~1\mysqld.ex e: Normal shutdown

I'm guessing my lack of front end (in the browser) is because it's not actually started the DB properly?

Any help?

Thanks....

PugRallye
2008-05-23, 07:43
Aha!!

After some rummaging around in the forums here, I found something about Checkpoint Secure VPN software - which I also had installed.

I uninstalled the Checkpoint stuff and bingo! I can access my SlimServer now.

Now, to scan 200+GB of music - wonder how long THAT will take....? ;)

iPhone
2008-05-23, 08:05
Aha!!

After some rummaging around in the forums here, I found something about Checkpoint Secure VPN software - which I also had installed.

I uninstalled the Checkpoint stuff and bingo! I can access my SlimServer now.

Now, to scan 200+GB of music - wonder how long THAT will take....? ;)

Hello and Welcome to the Forum and the world of Squeezebox. Glad to see that you're up and running and that searching the Forum pointed you in the correct direction. Every computer is different as well as the software that is on them. VPN and Software Firewalls can keep the Duet off of the network it needs to connect to.

200GBs will go fairly fast. Now it is time to enjoy the music!

PugRallye
2008-05-23, 08:23
Thanks for the welcome...

I've been waiting for the Duet (as an idea) for years now. The ability to browse (visually) my music from the remote is an essential for these devices IMO.

Once I'm up and running, I'll start looking at NAS devices as the end-goal is to not have my laptop/PC needed to listen to music wirelessly.

I've heard there are a couple of NAS devices that can handle the SS stuff, but I'll look into them once I have the Duet up and running.

Can't wait to get home and set it up now....

Phil Leigh
2008-05-23, 16:10
Thanks for the welcome...

I've been waiting for the Duet (as an idea) for years now. The ability to browse (visually) my music from the remote is an essential for these devices IMO.

Once I'm up and running, I'll start looking at NAS devices as the end-goal is to not have my laptop/PC needed to listen to music wirelessly.

I've heard there are a couple of NAS devices that can handle the SS stuff, but I'll look into them once I have the Duet up and running.

Can't wait to get home and set it up now....

I'm guessing you know that a NAS is just an underpowered PC?