PDA

View Full Version : Siwtching off Light on front of SBR

mattybain
2008-05-22, 05:36
As the wifi bridging mode on the SBR is not yet working I have had to swap my SBR with my SB3 in the bedroom.

Problems is SWMBO doesn't like the light as she says it keeps her awake at night.

Is there anyway of turning this off? as it is getting to be a bit of a it goes or I do situation and truth is I really love my Duet LOL!!

cliveb
2008-05-22, 08:40
Is there anyway of turning this off? as it is getting to be a bit of a it goes or I do situation and truth is I really love my Duet LOL!!
You mean the LED on the front of the SBR? On mine, if you turn the SBR off, the LED goes off.

Does your wife object to the LED being on while it's playing? In that case, looks like a bit of opaque tape over the button (or just putting something in front of it) is required.

Millwood
2008-05-22, 11:43
There is a tricolorled pluggin, but it doesn't really work for me (7.1). It can change the current values of the led, and it seems to offer the ability to change the actual light value associated with each state - but the latter doesn't take.

Buy the way, turning off the receiver is pretty well hidden in the controller menu tree. I use the powersave plugin, but I had to hack the config by hand. It may be that the retro browser applet will let you set the powersave stuff for the receiver.

cliveb
2008-05-23, 00:48
Buy the way, turning off the receiver is pretty well hidden in the controller menu tree.
It's at the bottom of the Home page ("Turn off <playername>"). I'd say that's fairly accessible - from wherever you are, just hit the Home button, spin the wheel, and you're there.

mattybain
2008-05-23, 03:14
It's at the bottom of the Home page ("Turn off <playername>"). I'd say that's fairly accessible - from wherever you are, just hit the Home button, spin the wheel, and you're there.

Ahh it was that simple, I was used to the SB3 where the display didn't turn off (unless brightness turned down), I just assumed turning the player off didn't turn the light off. Can't think why I didn't try!!

*blushes* Thanks for the simple explanation