PDA

View Full Version : Transporter : no more audio output.

fakarava2
2008-05-21, 01:52
I lost audio (analog) output.
Network is OK (and SB3 works fine in the kitchen)
Transporter displays are all OK.
Amplifier is OK.

Might I have disabled it somewhere ?

Eric Seaberg
2008-05-21, 07:15
Have you done a recent software update? Try holding down '1' on the remote as you PLUG IN the power of the TP. That usually helps.

fakarava2
2008-05-21, 10:17
Have you done a recent software update? Try holding down '1' on the remote as you PLUG IN the power of the TP. That usually helps.
Thanks a lot !
I'll add your tip to the manual (if already not in ;-)

JJZolx
2008-05-21, 11:52
I lost audio (analog) output.
Network is OK (and SB3 works fine in the kitchen)
Transporter displays are all OK.
Amplifier is OK.

Might I have disabled it somewhere ?

That happens sometimes, as the Transporter firmware is a little buggy. It generally just requires unplugging and plugging back in.

connorml
2008-05-21, 12:39
Hi,

I have the same problem. When I am playing a 48 Khz Album and then switch to an 44,1 Khz Album. After a few switches the analog output ist muted and i must unplug the transporter to correct this problem.

Regards
Conrad

fakarava2
2008-05-21, 13:49
That happens sometimes, as the Transporter firmware is a little buggy. It generally just requires unplugging and plugging back in.

I had already unplugged-plugged the device, but was not aware of the "1' trick. To be written in the manual.
(yes, I had tupgraded he firmware )
BTW, what are the noises I hear inside the Transporter when resetting or upgrading ?

bhaagensen
2008-05-21, 14:33
BTW, what are the noises I hear inside the Transporter when resetting or upgrading ?

Most likely the infamous degaussing noise from the knob. It's a general problem with newer firmwares and not specific to the reset/upgrade process. Unless of course yours is caused by something else.

Edit: If it is only occuring during reset/upgrade I think everything is as it should be. The degaussing should happen from time to time, but the problem is that some (including myself) are hearing the noise very frequently.

fakarava2
2008-05-21, 22:16
Most likely the infamous degaussing noise from the knob. It's a general problem with newer firmwares and not specific to the reset/upgrade process. Unless of course yours is caused by something else.

Edit: If it is only occuring during reset/upgrade I think everything is as it should be. The degaussing should happen from time to time, but the problem is that some (including myself) are hearing the noise very frequently.
Thanks for the information.
Fortunately I hear it only during reset/upgrade.