PDA

View Full Version : Changing from WLAN to LAN and Internet Radio

vrn
2008-05-20, 15:08
Dear all,

I am pretty new to Slim/Squeeze and currently only have a single Duet running from my Infrant ReadyNas with SqueezeCenter 7.0.1 of May 14th running (two additional Duets are on their way).

Anyway, I have two small problems I was hoping I could get some help with:

1) When I installed my Duet the first time, I configured it to run wireless. Since then I have moved it and occasionally had connection problems (apparently) due to a too weak WiFi signal. Accordingly, I have obtained a Powerline Lan system (Devolo DLan AVeasy "200 Mbit") to get a better connection to my router. The Dlan works well. However, I can't seem to find any way to reconfigure the Duet player/receiver (and indirectly the controller) to use the wired connection instead of (or in addition to) the WLAN. How do I do that? - or does the player automatically select the best "signal source"? On the controller info page it currently says wireless connection quality around 35%.

2) I was planning on listening to "Munich's hardest hits" (http://84.19.188.7:8010) on the Squeezebox. On SqueezeNetwork I got the URL installed and it plays when I select the SqueezeNoetwork as my music source from the Duet. Moreover, I can get it to run from SqueezeCenter via my PC by (every time) manually entering the URL. However, I want my ReadyNas to be my (default) source and still want "Munich's hardest hits" to be available directly from the Duet controller - preferably from the InternetRadio (AND Favourites) menu. How do I do that?

Best regards,

VRN

toby10
2008-05-21, 04:27
2) I was planning on listening to "Munich's hardest hits" (http://84.19.188.7:8010) on the Squeezebox. On SqueezeNetwork I got the URL installed and it plays when I select the SqueezeNoetwork as my music source from the Duet. Moreover, I can get it to run from SqueezeCenter via my PC by (every time) manually entering the URL. However, I want my ReadyNas to be my (default) source and still want "Munich's hardest hits" to be available directly from the Duet controller - preferably from the InternetRadio (AND Favourites) menu. How do I do that?

Best regards,

VRN

Add radio station to Favorites:
From SC7 menu click Favorites, you should see three options: New Favorite, New Folder, Import. Select New Favorite, type or paste station name, type or paste station URL, hit SAVE.

That's it. That station should show up under Favorites on your SBC or SB3.

Pale Blue Ego
2008-05-21, 08:30
vrn, to make the Receiver use the wired connection, hold down the LED button on the SBR until you get the QUICK red flashes (not the slow red flashes). This factory resets the SBR. Now on the Controller, go to Settings | Advanced | Set Up Receiver. It should find the SBR and give you the choice of using the ethernet or wifi connection.

vrn
2008-05-21, 09:17
Thank you guys!

Best regards,

>V<