PDA

View Full Version : file problem

cammy
2008-05-20, 01:34
i have just purchased the squeezebox3 i have put all my tunes onto mediamonkey 3.my problem seems to be that when i download the squeezecentre software ont my pc,all iget is "unable to execute file".shellexecute failed.
code 2147221003.application not found.then i cant go any further.it means that i cant put any music into my squeezebox.confused i certainly am.can somebody please help me.bearing in mind i am not a tech head.many thanks.

Phil Leigh
2008-05-20, 11:32
i have just purchased the squeezebox3 i have put all my tunes onto mediamonkey 3.my problem seems to be that when i download the squeezecentre software ont my pc,all iget is "unable to execute file".shellexecute failed.
code 2147221003.application not found.then i cant go any further.it means that i cant put any music into my squeezebox.confused i certainly am.can somebody please help me.bearing in mind i am not a tech head.many thanks.

Which version of the software did you download?
Are you on XP?

cammy
2008-05-21, 00:11
i am on xp home phil.iwas on 7.1 but reveresed back to 6.54,everytime i go to click on to open the slimserver,i get the message application slimserver not found.thanks for the reply.

Phil Leigh
2008-05-21, 10:34
Sounds to me like your attempted uninstall of 7.1 didn't remove everything.
Try scanning your C: drive for any remnants to Squeezecenter... in C:\program files\squeezecenter
and C:\documents and settings\(sub folders)
and delete every SC related thing.
Then reboot.
Then download 7.01 (not the nightly but the "stable" version) and install that..

cammy
2008-05-22, 10:38
ok will try that Phil.thanks.

cammy
2008-05-22, 11:13
ok complete new install of 7.1 done on my pc.still the same when i doubleclick on squeezecentre from system tray it says system not found.to be honest just going to send it back and get a refund.thanks for your help.must be something to do with my pc.as i'm no technohead can't think of anything else that i can do to get it working.just back to the old mp3 dvds for me i'm afraid.
regards cammy.

tcutting
2008-05-22, 12:16
Have you tried to open SqueezeCenter from a browser window (rather than the tray icon)?
From IE or Firefox (or whatever browser) try:
http://localhost:9000
(This assumes squeezecenter is running on the same PC as the browser).

tcutting
2008-05-22, 12:25
Are you sure the program is actually starting (and not just the system tray application)? It's been a while since I setup my SqueezeCenter, but I know I set it up to run as a service, which means it should have started when the computer boots up...
Here's info from the Windows Installation Guide on the wiki:
While you are given the option to run Slimserver service automatically when you install on Wiindows, you may want to install and run the SlimServer Windows service by hand.

Follow these instructions:

Open a "cmd" window and type "cd C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server". Type "slim.exe -install auto" to install the SlimServer software so it will automatically start as a Windows Service the next time you reboot.

You can start or stop the service manually by using "net start slimp3svc" or "net stop slimp3svc" respectively, or by using the Control Panels->Administrative Tools->Services application.

You can uninstall the service by stopping it, then typing "slim.exe -remove"

Remember that you will then need to add three exceptions in your firewall:

In Windows open Firewall and click 'Add Port...':

Port number: 3483 (TCP) - Name: SlimServer Control
Port number: 3483 (UDP) - Name: SlimDiscovery
Port Number: 9000 (TCP) - Name: SlimServer Web
And Port 9090 for the CLI (Command Line Interface)

cammy
2008-05-23, 11:59
alas i really give up.its been reinstalled and rebooted about 6 times,only to come up with "application not found",when trying to open squeezecentre.its going back.can think of better things to spend my hard earned cash on.