PDA

View Full Version : dumb question I'm sure, but.....

spreadheadtom
2008-05-19, 20:28
what is the IP address that SB3 should point to for Squeezecenter? for the music source? I can get the internet radio stations to play (briefly--plays for about 3 minutes and then goes into hibernate. I have to push "play" on the remote for it to start again)

very frustrated :(

SuperQ
2008-05-19, 21:53
That is the IP address of your PC. You can find out a number of ways.

The easiest way is to start cmd.exe and run "ipconfig"

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/network/ipconfig.htm

spreadheadtom
2008-05-20, 06:46
That is the IP address of your PC. You can find out a number of ways.

The easiest way is to start cmd.exe and run "ipconfig"

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/network/ipconfig.htm

thanks for the reply!!

I went to IPlookup.com and got the addy to my desktop. I input that number in to SB, yet it still does not connect.

byKnight
2008-05-20, 07:36
thanks for the reply!!

I went to IPlookup.com and got the addy to my desktop. I input that number in to SB, yet it still does not connect.

That's because iplookup.com's going to give you the IP address your box is presenting to the internet.

You need to tell your Squeezebox the IP address your box uses on your local, home network; it probably starts with 192....

As was already suggested to you, execute ipconfig on the PC on which SqueezeCenter is running to get the information you need to set up your Squeezebox.

spreadheadtom
2008-05-20, 08:00
As was already suggested to you, execute ipconfig on the PC on which SqueezeCenter is running to get the information you need to set up your Squeezebox.

I'll give it a try tonight. thanks for the help.

spreadheadtom
2008-05-20, 09:17
still doesn't work. i ran the ipconfig and came up with 192.168.1.1. I input it in and SB tries to connect and then goes blank.

funkstar
2008-05-20, 09:32
Give us some more information about how your network is set up. How does your PC and your SB connect? Both wirless or wired?

When I first got my SB3s a couple fo years ago, I couldn't get them to see the SlimServer (previous name for SqueezeCenter) on my laptop. everything was connecting wirelessly. Turned out my router was rubbish and wirless devices couldn't see each other. Once I connected either the SBs or the laptop with wires, it worked just fine. It was an old Netgear router.

spreadheadtom
2008-05-20, 10:14
I got it...I reset to factory specs and rebooted the router. Picked it up the first time through :)thanks again for everyone's help.