PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini Wont Sleep

SoftPhill
2008-05-19, 07:32
Hi, slightly the opposite of some WOL issues but my mac mini with Leopard wont go to sleep despite having all the energy saving settings turned on. It wakes from SB3 but not from duet (using 7.0.1) but once awake i have to force it to sleep again. Is there some network issue that makes it think iti sconstantly active?

Anyone else encountered this?

Eric Seaberg
2008-05-19, 22:40
I've had my Mac MINI running SlimServer powered on since November 2006!! It's never turned off, but I have noticed that the SB3 seems to take a clock signal from the server, which would certainly keep the server awake. Try changing the screensaver when OFF to something other than the clock.

Why not keep the MINI on?

SoftPhill
2008-05-20, 04:36
I've had my Mac MINI running SlimServer powered on since November 2006!! It's never turned off, but I have noticed that the SB3 seems to take a clock signal from the server, which would certainly keep the server awake. Try changing the screensaver when OFF to something other than the clock.

Why not keep the MINI on?

I tried the screensaver thing and that did not work unfortunately. I have set up a scheduled task to put it to sleep at night which works fine.
Because i have it in a less than well ventilated place i wanted to give it the opportunity to cool every now and then. I have been monitoring the temp and it is fine so maybe i should relax a bit:-)